Chapter One

Hi! So this is my first story on Wattpad and I really hope you enjoy it!! I'm still figuring out how to work the app, so bare with my for a little, but thank you for checking out the story, I love you already. Comment, vote, and enjoy.

~~~L

I curl up next to my boyfriend of eleven months, Dustin and turn on the TV, while he catches a piece of freshly popped popcorn in his mouth.

As we wait for the TV to power up, he touches the tip of my nose softly, "Have I ever told you that you have the cutest nose I've ever seen?"

I laugh, "Yes, you have, have I ever told you that you have the softest eyes known to man?"

Dustin gives me one of his small smiles, "Now, now, Rachel, you're making me blush."

I let out another giggle, "I don't know, I think I like the color on you."

He looks down on me and I reach up and kiss him on the lips, it's a soft passionate kiss that only makes me want more, to go farther. It's selfish though, for me to even think those thoughts.

Having children under the age of thirty five is punishable by death, for the mother and unborn child. Before I was born though, the rule wasn't taken seriously, and many mothers produced children. These kids they were different- powerful- nothing like how children should be- they're dangerous.

They're called the Unspeakable.

The government managed to hunt down most of them, I mean after all it was only the mother and occasionally the father who supported the young child. If caught, baby, mother, and father we're shot on sight. The Unspeakables slowly began to become less common, the ban was set; no children before thirty five or you die, simple enough to follow.

But still, foolish young women and men went too far, and an Unspeakable was produced. Some people believe that if quick enough and if you go to the right person, they'll take the baby, but it's just a myth. No child gets away, soon enough the law always catches up.

Just recently a fourteen year old Unspeakable was caught. The girl was selfish, and tried to attack a food truck that was coming into the city. Luckily she was shot down, but it is still a major shock for our city.

Unspeakables aren't supposed to live, simple as that.

Now having a child before thirty five doesn't of course automatically mean the child will be special, but the chances are great, far greater then with a thirty five year old woman. So that means no one lives, no matter how innocent they are.

Just as she was supposed to my mother had me at the ripe age of thirty five, and my younger brother at thirty seven. Just the thought of even having a kid earlier than the limit makes me shudder, how could you do that to a child, how could a person be so selfish?

Dustin's looking down at me when I shake myself back to reality, "What are you thinking about, my love?" he asks grinning.

I shake my head, "Nothing," is all I say, I don't want to ruin our night over the dark happenings of our nation.

Finally the old static TV powers up and the news switches on, I hold my breath.

Dustin's eyes grow wide, "This can't be good."

The news is almost never on in home TV's, they mostly only play it in the huge main square television, that's how I found out about the girl two weeks ago, when it's on home televisions- it means trouble.

"-Officials have identified the boy as a fifteen year old Unspeakable," the news announcer is saying, emotionless, "We are being told that he was attempting to get into the Official Command Center, the reasons are unknown. The boy was shot down immediately, Officials have said that the boy was disposed of quickly and efficiently-,"