Chapter 29- Stacey

I woke up and went down stairs for breakfast. A week has passed from my grounded terms. Sneaking out every morning to go train for battle with the spirits. I made myself some toast and put cream cheese on it. Yum! I was on my second toast and my parents and brother came down stairs. I didn't say anything to them, nor did they say anything to me. Good. I like it that way. I am really hungry so I ate a third toast. I finished my breakfast and went upstairs. After I did, I heard the TV go on from downstairs. Good. Their distracted for a while. I changed out of my PJ's and into light blue jeans, a black spaghetti strap shirt, and I wore three-inch green sleeveless cardigan on top. I put on my converse shoes and opened the window. I jumped out of my second floor bedroom and made a thud when I hit the ground. I hope they didn't hear that. Just in case; I super speeded away.

        I speeded to the village plaza. I saw Ritchie sitting on a bench so I walked over.

        "Hey Ritchie."

        "Oh hey Kadyn how's it goin'."

        "Good. Oh hey!" I didn't want anyone to listen so I mind-linked him instead. "What was it you were going to say back there?"

        "You mean in the forest?"

        "Yea."

        "Oh. You mean about Stacey. I'm sure Ajax told you about her."

        "Her?!"

        "Uh oh! He didn't tell you? You know why don't I just leave this to yo..."

        "Who is she?!"

        "Oh boy, I'm going to get in so much trouble with Ajax. You know Kadyn, I really don't want to get on Ajax's bad side so..."

        "Who is Stacey? What? Is she his girlfriend or something?!"

        "Or something?"

        "He has a girlfriend!"

        "NO! No he doesn't! Since he hasn't found his mate, in the eyes of his parents of course. They are...having an arranged marriage for him."

        "That's even worse than a girlfriend Ritchie! They can stop the wedding though right?"

        "Well, as you know, they haven't told the pack yet. They were planning to in 3 weeks. After that, they would get married in a week."

        "Is Ajax ok with this?"

        "No. He doesn't want an arraigned marriage. He wanted to wait for his mate. He doesn't like Stacey. His parents did the marriage because it would bring two packs together and form a stronger pack."

        "Wait. Two packs? You mean Stacey is a soon to be Luna in her pack and in ours?"

        "Yes."

        "I have to go." I said sadly.

        I got up and walked away. Pain in my heart. Ajax has betrayed me; he had played me. I told myself not to fall for it and I did. It was so dumb of me. Ritchie did tell me Ajax wasn't ok with the wedding but the question is; what's he going to do about it? Is he going to leave it be? Is he just going to marrying her? Is he going to forget me? What was I thinking?! ME! Being mated to an Alpha. I should have seen it coming that he was going to break my heart. My head was down and I didn't see where I was going.