𝕿𝖜𝖊𝖓𝖙𝖞

"You guys ready for Arcadia?" Sterlin asks us, all hyped.

We're at one of those white fordable tables. The table is filled with dissembled weapons. We're wiping it down with a white cloth, making sure they're in superb condition. Uncle Emmett and his squad have contained the lurkers thus far from invading further into the ARC. At the moment, we're safe, but not for long.

"Hell, yes!" Tamara squeals. "There better be coconut trees, waterfalls, and a hell lot of sunshine!" She jumps on Sterlin's back and they both burst into contagious laughter.

"You mean coconut palms," Sterlin supposedly corrects, shaking her off.

"Huh?" Tamara huffs aside her bright orange bangs.

"They are called coconut palms," he clarifies. "Not coconut trees."

"Same shit, isn't it?" Jace looks up from cleaning a weapon. He's even got Amber's scrunchie in his hair. I guess they're officially a thing now.

"No, it isn't," Amber responds.

"See," Sterlin smirks, gesturing to Amber. "Your girl gets it."

"'Ight, fine, Car," Jace faces her. "You tell 'em."

"Um..." she cringes.

"Seriously?" Jace looks at Carmen and Amber.

For a moment he doesn't understand the switch up until he looks back at Sterlin. Sterlin is pre' buff and tall. His dark skin complexion makes that big diamond stud in one of his ears pop. Not to mention his cornrows.

"Alright, I get it," Jace mutters and thinks for a moment. "Ya know what?" he puts down the weapon and the cloth. "1V1 then, that'll settle it."

"What for?" Sterlin chuckles, his white teeth sparkling.

"Just cause?" Jace rebuttals. "What, you scared?"

"You wish, cuzzy."

And before you know it, they're both head-locking each other.

"Nice job, girls," Tamara high-fives Amber and Carmen.

"Nah nah, hey hey!" Jace breaks free for a sec. "We need a ref! Yo, Sylvester, help us out!"

I roll my eyes, playing calm, "y'all, we don't have the time for this."

"Boohoo!" Tamara pouts. "Oh c'mon, cutie, join 'em. We're boredddd."

Alright, fine. "Whoever brings their opponent to the ground first!" I announce, standing between Sterlin and Jace. "On your marks, get set, go!" I step back.

They begin wrestling.

"C'mon, babe, you can do it!" Amber watches Jace intently.

They both get in some good uppercuts and jabs, switching stances and blocking any blows. Then Sterlin, being the rugby player he is, charges at Jace and grabs him by the torso.

"Sean, babyboy, I ain't letting you down!" Jace hollers from under Sterlin's arm.

This is actually pre' funny, I ain't gonna lie.

"Take ya shirts off!" Tamara squeals.

Jace breaks free and charges back at Sterlin with double the power. I'm right behind Sterlin and didn't expect Jace to be this enthusiastic in winning a match, so not only does Sterlin go crashing on the table with all the dissembled weapons, but so do I, and Jace himself! The table breaks and all three of us smash onto the floor with it.

"Ow!" Sterlin groans, rubbing his lower back. "You got me good, Jaceyboy."

"Lads!" Uncle Emmett roars. "What's this about?!"