Dead Bird Studios

-Eli POV-

I heard a beeping near the kitchen. It was another door? This door didn't have a handle like the kitchen's door, so how did it open? Hat Kid jumped down off the railing and I climbed down a ladder.

The door was big and red, having a flashing image of a camera on it. Hat Kid poked the monitor and said 'boop!', the door lighting up blue and whooshing open. She decided to check out the room, but I decided to stay behind and explore the main part. I might've spent like 5 minutes staring out her front window. It had wood plastered over part of it. How did it break? I looked over at the red door again, seeing it was still open.

"Hey Hat Kid?" I called out "Isn't the door supposed to automatically shut?"

She sounded confused "Yeah?"

"It's not shutting..."

She ran back into the main hall, seeing I was far from the door. She walked toward me, then turned around. It didn't shut again. Did I break her door?

"How are we gonna fix it?"

She thought for a moment, then pulled me into the red room.

It had some dark wooden walls and red with orange carpeting. It had a train-track rug near the door. It also had some wave machine near the door, along with a desk, and a ramp leading to a telescope. I began to explore the back part. Near the back part of the room was a yellow-green door with a paintbrush light on it, a few weird devices, a piano, and some bookcases. There were barrels near the artsy door.

I heard a large explosion near the door and screamed. I ran over and... Well, there's not any barrels there anymore... Hat Kid blew them up with her brewing hat. I climbed the ramp and walked near the telescope at the top.

I looked through the telescope and saw... A movie studio?

"Hey, what's this place? Um... Dead Bird Studio...? Why is it called that?!" I asked her, then had an idea "Hang on..."

I pulled out my phone. Dad gave it to me so I had communication with him, but the phone part didn't seem to work here. Oh well. I used Searchall to look up 'Dead Bird Studio'. The search came up to... 100 million results?!

"Sweet Jamburrie! That's a lot of results! Uh..." I just tapped on one.

Yes, Dead Bird Studio! I found it!

"Dead Bird Studio is a large movie production studio and train station for the Owl Express, one of the only trains in existence" I read aloud.

I continued with "In addition to that, there is an Annual Bird-Movie award given to the director who earns the most sales and views on their movies. The two directors currently in the running are DJ Grooves and the Conductor"

Hat kid clapped her hands quickly, then took me to a teleporter. Down we went towards the studio.

* * *

We appeared in a long, dark hallway with bird decals lining the floor and walls. On one end of the hallway was a parking lot full of cars, but on the other end? There seemed to be two birds arguing near a big reception desk. Those birds must be DJ Grooves and the Conductor!

"This movie studio is too big for the both of us, DJ Grooves!" the bird on the left shouted, but the name at the end was said in a mocking tone "The movie should be made by real birds! You moon penguins are just gonna write some loud, noisy drivel!"

This uh... Bird dude... Was loud himself, to say the least. We got here 2 minutes ago and I'm already sick of his voice! Though... His voice had a familiar accent. Scottish maybe? He was a creature of short stature, bearing golden yellow feathers all over his body. I'm not actually sure he's a bird, birds normally don't have sharp rows of teeth on their beaks. Strangely, he doesn't have any eyes. His clothes consisted of a black tuxedo with a lavender tie and black dress shoes, topped off with a little black hat.