ending: HYEJIN

"hey sis, you wanna watch a movie or maybe do something stupid?" hyunjin peaked his head in my door. i put my pencil down and closed my book.

"sure. i just wanna get my mind off of things." i stood up from my desk and walked to the living room with hyunjin. jaehwa was sitting on the couch, browsing through the movies.

"sibling movie night!" jaehwa exclaimed. "we haven't done one in a while, and we just wanna hang out. i feel like we don't even see each other anymore."

"you're right." i sighed. "i've been so busy with school and life."

"you want to talk about it?" hyunjin offered. "you know the stuff with mark."

"hyunjin, i told you. you do not need to feel at fault. i miss him, but maybe this change will be good." i explained. i didn't want to get deep. but too late. "it's so painful to be around your crush all the time. but then only to find out that he likes you back and then literally all your past crushes feel the same way about you. but you don't want to go down that road because you're currently in love with someone else. and years worth of feelings and pain has been brought up and you feel confused. also angry because you're confused."

jaehwa and hyunjin look at me with blank expressions. i'm not too sure if they feel bad for me of if they're shocked...

"let's just watch a movie." i suggest.

"so what are you doing tomorrow?" minju asked. we were currently on the phone because we were too lazy to text.

"ehh.. i don't know. it's a holiday so i don't think most places will be open." i say.

"i wanna do something. just you and i." minju says. "we need to hang out more."

"sure. what time? and where do you want to meet?"

"oh my gosh! look at these cute friendship bracelets!" minju points to some bracelets. i sip my lemonade as we walked around.

"you wanna buy it?" i reach into my bag to grab my wallet.

"oh, don't worry, i'll pay for it." she takes a pair and goes to the checkout. pulling out her wallet, she counted the exact amount of money.

"you still don't like getting change, do you?" i laugh. she smirks playfully.

"you know it." she laughs with me. "now we have something matching!"

she gives me the other bracelet and puts it on herself. it wasn't anything fancy. it was just a simple metal band with a flower charm on it. hers was yellow and mine was blue.

"thanks. i like it." i slip it on my wrist. it was the same wrist that i had mark's bracelet on. suddenly the hole in my heart grows bigger. my eyes stung with tears. i didn't want to cry. i drop my hand to my side and continue walking with minju.

we pass by many shops and restaurants. even the restaurant chenle took me to. we past by the cafe donghyuck and i went to, and past the ice cream place hyunjin, jaehwa, jaemin, and i went to as kids. after that, we ended up at the grocery store; and i'm reminded of renjun.

when it gets dark, we decide to go home. i spent the whole way home thinking about all the boys i've loved. each one with their unique personalities. i smile to myself. i want to be happy. i don't want this to bring me down. and hopefully something good will come out of this.

"i guess i should thank them all for playing a role in my life."

_____________________________

just a little ending i would have wrote if hyejin ended up with no one. and it's okay to be single :") lmao single life forever ✌🏻✌🏻