Chapter 19

Allura.

Lance fumbled through his pockets, looking for his phone. Then he started to panic because it wasn't in his pockets. And then he spotted it. It was on the coffee table in front of him. He quickly grabbed it and dialled Allura's number. When Allura didn't pick up, Lance called again. Even though they didn't talk too much, she knew Lance kept calling and calling until she picked up. When Allura didn't pick up a second time, Lance called again. And again. And again. During the 5th time he called, Hunk appeared with groceries. 

"Hey, Lance!" He called, "Would you mind helping a bit?"

Lance looked at him and held one finger up, as an indication to wait a minute.

Hunk sighed and started unpacking the groceries. Right as he did so, Lance screamed: "why won't you answer goddammit!?"

Hunk chuckled, "who are you trying to call?"

Lance sighed and replied, "Allura."

"You realize she's at Coran's comedy show?" Coran is Allura's uncle, who is an entertainer and does comedic shows at local bars, restaurants, and other small venues.

"It's that late already?" Lance checked the time on his phone. He didn't check the time earlier because he was too focused on calling Allura. 

"Yes, actually," Hunk said, "now can you please help me out with the groceries? Jaune's gonna eat them all if you don't."

Lance got up and headed over to the kitchen. About ten minutes later, they finished unpacking the groceries and sat down to watch some tv.

The Tv turned on to the news channel Lance had been watching earlier. Hunk watched the news intently, while Lance just looked at all the ads.

After Lance had memorized a slogan for a jewellery brand, he focused his attention on the news. They were back at the hospital, the one where Keith is at.

"So, Dr. Schwartz, how is our patient doing?"

"He's doing fine, he woke up just 30 minutes ago."

Lance stopped paying attention at that point. He quickly got up and ran out the door, as he yelled to Hunk, "sorry Hunk gotta go!" He ran out, not forgetting his keys, phone, and wallet. He ran down to his car and jumped in.

He sped out of the parking lot and got on the main street. He drove a few minutes before he pulled into the parking and ran towards the building where Keith was.

Once he got to the waiting room, he saw the newsman still talking to the doctor. He snuck around them to get to the receptionist.

"Hi," He started, keeping his voice low, "May I see Keith Kogane?"

"Weren't you here earlier?" She asked back.

"Yes, but-"

"You think he's awake because of the newsman, right?"

"....Yes?"

"Well, you're right. He is awake. All you're gonna have to do is wait until the newsman leaves."

"Okay, thank you."

Lance sat down in a chair and took out his phone. He re-read his favourite book, The Little Prince, enjoying every bit of the book. He knows it's a children's book, but he still enjoys it to this day. It was his favourite book for his entire life, and he's re-read it about 500 times. It never gets old.

Soon enough, the newsman leaves, and he's taken to Keith's room. When he opens the door, he sees Keith reading his own book, Game of Thrones, a Dance with Dragons.