Slow Dance

For all who reads this.

There is a bar in the remote area in a small town in the USA.  A bar that has been around for a while.

In the bar there is a jukebox that plays only slow romantic music, perfect for slow dancing.  Nothing else.

There aren't a lot of people in this bar.  You might see the occasional drunk passed out on the counter or table.  But there are two people that are constant customers.

A young lady named Lola.

And a young man named Freddie.

When the bar first opened in the late thirties Freddie and Lola were the first patrons to go there.  They actually met at the Grand opening. They would slow dance to a romantic dance tune from the jukebox.

Every night Freddie would take Lola in his arms and they would dance for hours, swaying back and forth to their song, gazing into each other's eyes. The other patrons would watch them, and remember their youth.

It wasn't long before they fell in love, and planned on getting married.

But alas things took a dark turn.  There was a criminal who wanted Lola for himself.  He was jealous of Freddie, so one day he shot them both in the bar while they were dancing.  They died instantly. 

Not long after that the criminal was found dead inside the bar.  His heart gave out on him.  His hair had turned white.  Some say he was severely frightened by something, possibly the ghosts of Freddie and Lola that haunted the bar.

Decades passed and the bar soon became deserted.  But if you should drive through some remote area and you happen to stop by a small abandoned building, you might hear the sounds of a jukebox faintly playing a slow romantic tune.

And if you arrive at a particular time, you might catch a glimpse of a couple swaying back and forth along to the tune, gazing into each other's eyes.

It may be Freddie and Lola, together for all eternity.