chapter 8

To say the tensions in Shiba were highest they have ever been would be an understatement. Atem could see the way lord Kei would look towards him and his friends now, Atem knew Kei thought they had something to do with this. Atem never saw Yugi anymore, He was always with the prince protecting him, Of course Atem would see Yugi training in the arena in the mornings but other than that they only saw him at meal times, Yugi looked sad to Atem, He tried asking Ryou a few times about it but the albino wouldn't say only 'You wouldn't understand', It frustrated Atem, He wanted to help...Something about Yugi made Atem feel like he needed to protect Yugi..Even if it was a paper cut.

"Atem, It is time for the funeral of Molan" Solomon came inside his room.

"Will Yugi be there?" He asked hopeful.

Solomon looked sad, "Yes but he will be late as the King is sending Yugi and the prince are preparing for the journey to Kradour with Frersil once the ceremonies are over"

"What?!" It clicked in Atem's head, Why he looked so sad and why the king wouldn't let Yugi to see him.

"We will also be departing at the same time as well, After all tomorrow we have stayed our welcome. The boys birthday was amazing, It was nice to see him after so long."

"Then why are you allowing Kei to just forbid you from seeing him?"

"My boy, You wouldn't understand" Solomon stated and left the room.

why did everyone keep saying that? He was smart! but sighed as the thought of leaving the little one saddened him deeply. He had been truly happy these last few weeks, Yugi made him forget his pain, The memories of his parents never left him and were always there..But Yugi, He made everything alright, He was able to laugh. He was tired of feeling this pain over his heart.

He made his way to the window to see the sun rising behind the highest mountain, The sunlight just kissing the land. Atem found the kingdom breathtaking, The way of living here was vastly different from what he was used to, But he found joy in that. with another sigh he walked towards the intricately designed door, A dragon on each door. Pushing open the door he heard voices.

"I hear the prince will make an appearance today, and those humans will be attending as well"

"Yes I've heard quite the same, It will be interesting to see why Lord Kei just let these...Scum, In. I mean doesn't he know humans are the ones making dragon-borns disappear?"

Atem was baffled, how could both species think its the other species? But could it be someone in both territories? Could someone be planning to ruin what peace the two civilization held? He needed to speak with Yugi about this, Or maybe Lord Kei but...Kei isn't his biggest fan.

Before he leaned back to listen again, The voices were gone and when he peeked into the hallway no one was there. He stepped out and head off towards the arena.

The lord of dragons stepped out into the kingdom, His advisors and priests following close behind. He mounted the chariot which held who Kei knew as Molan in the traditional Tortis designed coffin, The cloth that covered the casket was a light blue with the kingdoms coat or arms; A dragon of the skies giving life to the skies. Kei still wasn't able to comprehend who, what or why this happened...Molan was the wisest of his siblings.

"His time came too quick, He never even got to see his son rule..Did you ever find out about Ura?"

"No, the criminals have left no traces behind and Tortis not having a new leader yet? It seems odd doesn't it?" Kei replied.

"Glad you have that feeling as well, Surely whoever defeated the king would have pronounced themselves the new king by now"

"Borvo...the crimes have reached Shiba as well, Some of our guards are now dead..He isn't ready yet and he has to be...If someone were to try and kill him..He would be killed, He won't transform."