chapter 19 pt.2

Yugi walked along the shadowed ground, bones and souls reaching for his ankles, shivers went down his spine, he knew he didn't belong here. not like this. 

"Yugi you have to keep walking, the souls will latch onto you" Nico grumbled annoyed he had to keep reminding the former prince. 

"Right" Said the boy as he shook one off, he was surrounded by darkness... cold, silent, black abyss. His senses on high alert, he was keenly aware of everything that moved. 

The former prince then walked into Nico's back, "SHi-" Nico started. 

"Sorry" Yugi whispered. 

"Shh" Nico's hand started to glow a greenish colour, his transformation beginning. 

"Show yourself, demon"

the figure seemed to stay silent, but Yugi could feel the slight drift as it circled them. 

"Souls of the living do not belong here, prince of the dead" the figure's voice was hoarse. 

"we come seeking answers only, I know he doesn't belong" Nico announced quietly. 

"for whom do you seek" 

Nico nudged Yugi with his shoulder.

"Oh, uh- Kei the king of dragons" Yugi said nervously. 

Then as soon as Yugi felt the presence leave a new one appears. 

A light was a lit and suddenly they were in a...hallway? 

"Son, do not fear.. you are in the hall of kings, where one day you shall roam." 

Yugi's eyes watered, The light finally showing the form of his father, Yugi stepped forward and hesitated. 

"It's okay son, come" The former king held out his arms. 

Yugi immediately threw himself at his father, letting the tears slip. 

the arms around him felt cold and weightless and without his eyes staring at his father he'd have never known he was there. 

"Hate to break this, but Yugi I can only keep us both here for so long" Nico breathed out. 

Yugi looked over and true to the shadow dragon his face was paler than usual and his breath hitched and sweat lining his forehead. 

"Right, Father I come seeking answers." 

"you want to know where the crystal is" The king deadpanned. 

"How'd yo-" 

"I never taught you... I failed you and for that I'm sorry." Kei looked down.

"I'm the one who will fail if you don't say where it is" 

"I cannot say exact locations as demons, souls of hatred will pass on the information to Nekroz who has been revived.. I know because his presence is no longer here mockingly" 

"I can't feel Nekroz either" Nico commented. 

"All I will say is look deep within yourself and you will find it where the heart lies" 

Yugi looked confused, he would think on it. 

"Th-Thanks?" Yugi got out. 

"Is grandpa here?" 

Kei then looked at Yugi with a bereaved expression. 

"Yugi..Your grandfather isn't dead, he's not here anyways" 

"and...mom?" 

"Yugi we cannot stay too much longer!" Nico's voice was now strained and he looked to be in pain.