2°S A N D M A N

Down in the zones sat a group of Killjoys. They weren't the most known around but they once already had their fame.

This night, they had very unexpected news come from the radio.

-tonight's news may come as a shock to most of you rebels but earlier this day we lost The Fabulous Four. Yes, they were the ones who had started this all. They were the beacon of hope for all the Killjoys. Now keep fighting all you crash coolers and motor babies. Tomorrow's a new day-

Suddenly one of them turned off the radio. The silence of the night beat into them from crackling fire.

"Soul can you stay up to put out the fire?" I asked, my voice a bit weak from the previous days of activities. Soul Punk, a rather small man with a red leather jacket and black fedora, said a simple, "no, I stayed up last night. It's your turn Sandman" everyone else around the fire let out a tired "agree"

I sighed as I poked the fire, the rest of my group fell into deep slumber fast. I looked up into the stars and smiled a bit to myself as I remembered that I once used to sit under the stars with him.

But that was before everything had happened. Before the fires, before our bands took us both on separate paths to escape. I wanted to escape with him and he wanted to escape with me. I wonder what he does now. Is he a Killjoy like my friends and I, or is he under BL/ind's controll?

Well he maybe just be dead.

•:|:•

"Sandman are you still awake?"

I looked up from the now diminished fire and to where the voice came from. The sun appeared to to be rising and I may have forgotten to sleep. Oh well.

My friend, Shoe Crab sat next to me. "Are you still thinking about Mikey?" He asked.

"Don't talk about him" I said. They should know better than to say his name. We had our time together and it ended fast, there was nothing we could do about it.

"But you still are? It's okay if you need to talk about it-"

He was treading in shallow waters. "Crab. Drop it now." He nodded. Suddenly another voice perked up, "We're running out of supplies" said Donnie. He pulled on his dark green jacket and started to nudge Benzedrine awake. I nodded silently, "We'll pass by Dr. D's today"

Everyone nodded and started to pack up.