Jasper

I drive home and check my phone.

Three missed calls from my parents. I knew it was them. No one other blocked number would call three times. I text the number on the napkin saying it was me, then put the napkin on my desk.

I didnt get a reply.

It was getting late though, so maybe she

was asleep.

I get ready for bed and check my phone one last time, my toothbrush hanging out of my mouth.

                                 *******

I hung out with Kat a few more times and before I know it, its my birthday.

There's a knock on my door and my phone is basically doing one continuous ring from calls from my family. I jump up, my hair and clothes all presentable, and go to the door. I had been expecting Kat. What I got was much different.

"Jasper!" My brother says opening his arms. I am in too much shock to even close the door. "Have they come yet?" he asks, a devious grin on his face.

"How did you find me." I demand.

"Ah, Jasper, we have always known where you lived." Remi says, pushing his way in. "Close the door, Jas."

"Get out of my house." I say, leaving the door open.

"Close the door. If they are in, you'll need my help. If not, I will be back later." he says.

"If what are in?"

"I cant tell you just yet, Jas. But," he walks over and puts his hand on my back, leaning in close to my face. "Just call me when they are in. You'll know what I am talking about." he smiles.

Then he leaves.

About a half an hour later, there is another knock and I can't shake the feeling of Remi's hand on my back. When I open the door, I almost wince in fear, but its Kat.

"Hey," I say. Today was the day I promised we could just hang out at my house.

"Hey?" she asks. "You looked a little scared... What, am I scary now? Did my little drive scare you that much?" She laughs a little, referring to yesterday when she took me on a ride on her bike.

Apparently she does not know speed limits.

"No, no, I will explain in a minute." I say, shaking my head. "Come in."

She comes in and we sit on the couch after I get drinks. "So, why did you look so afraid?"

"Oh, right... Well, as you know today is my birthda-"

"Happy birthday, by the way."

"Thanks. Anyway, today I am 17, and... Well... My brother just visited me." I shake my head. "Apparently my family has known where I live for... well... forever."

"Oh... and what did he say?" She asks, her hand landing on my knee. I blush slightly.

"He was talking the jibberish he was when I left. 'Did they come yet?' 'Are they in yet?' I don't understand what they are talking about." I sigh.