Jasper

I felt... weird. Something was off. I had felt it ever since Remi touched my back.

"Kat, would you so kindly give me five minutes with my brother?" Remi asks.

"What? No." I say. "No, I will not talk to an insane man."

"Insane?" Remi asks. He lays his hand on my shoulder. "Jasper, this is why we need to talk..." he sighs. "Five minutes. In another room. Please. thats all I ask..."

"Jasper... just go." Kat says. "I will be here." she nods.

I wait a minute, then sigh. "Remi. First door on your right." I say, pointing to my bedroom door. He smiles and walks in as I turn to Kat. "I will only be a minute." I reassure her. Then I walk in the room and close the door. "Remi you better make this quick, I really like K-" when I look at him he has full sized, amber wings. They were attached to him, 15 feet wide and not even fully out stretched. "WHAT THE HE-"

"You said make it quick. Jasper. I am an angel." Remi says evenly. "And given how much you look like me, you are one too." he walks over to me and feels my back. "Take off your shirt."

"What? No!"

"Take. Off. Your. Shirt." he says. He was never that serious. I take off my shirt and he pulls on something. "Roll your shoulders." he instructs. I do as I am told. Blue-Gray wings present themselves. They were spotted with white and black.

"What the he-"

"Don't curse. You will hurt yourself."

"Hell." I say, narrowing my eyes. Just as the word leaves my mouth, I feel a sting on the back of my neck.

"I warned you. Just... refrain from cursing until Mother can explain everything." he says. "And no impure thoughts. Those will hurt as well."  he looks around. "Just keep them in for now and later tonight when Kat is gone, around midnight would be best because no one will be out and about, come back home and visit us. We will explain EVERYTHING. I promise." he says, and curls his wings in. I try to do the same, but shock and lack of experience are not on my side, so Remi helps and puts them back into place. "Dont. Let. The girl. Find. Out." he warns.