Her

Have you ever seen a girl and been totally stunned by her? Her beauty legitimately leaving you paralyzed, like a stone, stuck to the ground. You are nervous, and scared, and excited all at once, but your mind is trying to settle on one emotion. You see her, perhaps just walking through the mall, and you just freeze. In the movies, this would be going in slow motion. But this is real life and I am standing in the middle of the side walk, frozen as she walks by.

I know she saw me, she gave me an odd look when she passed.

Maybe that wasn't how I wanted to be noticed. That probably wasn't the best way to get her attention. That wasnt the goal in all of that anyway, but I suppose it happened.

Moving without feeling, I follow the dark haired girl with the crystal blue eyes. I can't let her slip away, not after she affected me so much.

But in the crowd I start to lose her. I start lose sight of her flower pin, and the pitch black leather jacket she wore. And as I round the corner, there she is. On a bench in the park I didnt realize I entered.

First impression, I think. Better make a good one.

So I fix my blond short hair and straighten my shirt. I take a deep breath and pump myself up.

I'm a man. I can do this. She's just a human like me. I can talk to a human. Right?

I walk closer.

Her legs are crossed. She is wearing skinny jeans, a bright blue shirt, that leather jacket. She has a blue bracelet on her wrist and a small bag beside her.

I walk closer.

Seconds now. Seconds until she noticed my goofy self approching her.

I stand before her. Not directly, at an angle, but looking at her beauty all the same. Slowly, she noticed my black shoes, and traces up my jeans to my purple band tee. Finally, her eyes land on mine and I feel like freezing up again.