The Opening Miracle

"Remake Center. The most wonderful place where my coworkers make people from ugly to magnificent!" Rayna squeals. She has to start squealing again. On the train it was much quieter because she didn't squeal as much. "Now you to go in and no complaining." Hermione tells us. Then we're shuffled away by the peacekeepers. Once in the remake center, I am separated from Daniel and we meet our teams. They sit me in a salon chair and start beautifying, what they call it. They wash my hair, wax and wash my arms and legs, wax my eyebrows, and a lot more beatification. "You are so filthy!" A person named Asha tells me. "Frank start the manicure. Nina you do the pedicure. This is an emergency nail problem!" Another person named Mcennzie orders. "Uh is there a problem?" I ask. I'm really nervous that I have to get surgery or something like that under or in my nails. "No, dear. Just your nails are terribly taken care of and they need to be fixed ASAP." She tells me. "Oh, I'm sure you guys could make them gorgeous." I try to flatter them and they take it. "Of course we can!" Asha says. "You poor thing. Nobody could fix them for you in the district." Nina says. "So we'll fix them for you because you can't go anywhere with your nails looking like that." Frank says. "Thanks. You guys are the best." Their flattered. Mission accomplished. When their done they dry my legs up and my hair and give a fluffy robe to put on. After I put it on, I wait for my stylist.

The stylist finally comes. "Hello. You must be Iris." She says. "Yes. That's me." "Well Iris my name is Carmen. I'm new here and I've been working on the perfect outfit for you and Daniel with Shayla, Daniel's stylist." Uh is that a good thing. Will she make me look like a scary capital citizen. She doesn't even look like she's from the capital. She looks almost normal. She just has the tips of her long blond hair dyed pink. Then she circles around me and examines what she's dealing with. "Perfect. Now Iris your good with magic right?" Why is she asking? "Uh yeah. I'm a witch after all." "Good."

When I'm all done getting dressed, I look at my self in the mirror. I'm in the most gorgeous dress ever. I might be small but that's what makes this dress perfect. I'm in a white dress that goes down to my calfs and I have angel wings attached to the back of the dress. I'm also wearing white flats with bows on the front. My hair is another story. Carmen braided two thin braids on the sides of my head that went all the way to the back of my head. Then from there she made a flower bun with the rest of my hair. I had almost no makeup on just light pink lip stick and a touch of eyeliner. That was all. "Iris. Are you excited?" Carmen comes up to me and asks. "Yeah. Just a little nervous." I say my voice a little shaky. "Well, wait until you see your chariot. We fixed it up to match your outfits." "Are you aloud to do that?" I ask. "Yes I got permission from President Snow to touch up the chariot a little bit." Then Daniel comes in with his stylist. "Hey Iris. Looks like your ready to fly." He says. "Ready as I'll ever be. You look ready to kill some dragons." I say. He's dressed in a suit of armor that's really shiny. Then he has a sword that looks really scary. "Well it never hurts to accept a compliment." He says. "It's almost time! Let's go." Shayla squeals.

When we exit the remake center we go to our chariot. It's magical. It has unicorns instead of horses and it's floating off the ground bye the big white wings on its sides. Wow. It totally matches my outfit. "Everyone's looking at you and the chariot." Daniel whispers to me. I look up they are. Why? Theirs' is just as nice. Well not really because they don't know how to use magic. "They're creeping me out." I tell Daniel. "Um. They're now just staring at you." "Why?" I ask. "Your wings are flapping." "What!" I yell at him. "Carmen you didn- "Iris it's time to get in the chariot. Ready I'm going to add the final touch." She takes out her wand and says some spell then it hits us. Daniels sword starts glowing and the tips of my wings are not only flapping the tips of them are sparking like fireworks. "Stay calm Iris!" Carmen yells just as we start moving. "Daniel what's happening?" I'm starting to feel light on my feet. "Iris don't freak out. Please don't freak out but um your floating." I give him a worried look. Iris stay calm. Stay calm. Your a witch. You shouldn't be scared. Stay calm. "Okay I'm calm." I tell Daniel. He puts his knee on the bench in front of him and puts his helmet in his hand. We're about to go out. "Iris one more thing you should know. You have balls of light in your hands. Shayla told me to tell you what the magic does. You blow on the ball of light and it sends out sparks like your wings." What! Okay. Calm. "Heh. Totally normal." We leave through the doors and now Daniel raises his shining sword and I smile. I try to hide the light coming from my hands but it's to bright. I try what Daniel said. I blow on the ball of light and sparks fly to the audience. The ooh and ah. "Daniel I need to tell you something Carmen told me to tell you. If you blow on that sword sparks will fly like my wings." He looks at me like I'm crazy and tries. It works sparks fly to the audience. We are the center of attention. People are throwing us roses. So we return them with sparks. At one point I look at the screen and district 12 enters. They have flames coming from their capes and they look spectacular. But then the cameras are back to us.