{Prologue}

I was five years old the first time it happened.

I was in my room, backed against the wall as my uncle approached me, his face red as he screamed. He got closer and closer and I put my hands up, trying to keep him away. He hesitated, almost scared, but he proceeded forward, raising a fist to punch me for whatever I did. He swung, and I closed my eyes, but his fist never made contact. Instead of my pained yelp filling my ears, it was his. I opened my eyes again to see that his pants were on fire- literally. He stared at me in shock, then he turned and ran out of the room, screaming something about a witch or a demon or something. My best friend, a boy of eighteen years, walked into the room then, laughing to himself about what he had just witnessed. That was one of the last times I saw him smile for years.

The second time something strange happened was when I was eleven.

I was against another wall, but this time it was a brick wall behind my primary school. I had angered the school bully, and he was bent on beating me up. Again, he got closer and closer, and I squeezed my eyes shut as his fist flew toward me. The impact never came, though. This time when I opened my eyes, I wasn't even behind the school, or anywhere near the school. I was sitting on the floor in my living room, without a single idea of how I got there. I had no clue what was going on, and frankly I was really scared. So when my mum came home that night, I didn't tell her what had happened. In fact, as strange things continued to happen, I never said a word, until one night when I was sixteen.

One word changed my entire life, and it wasn't even spoken by my mum.

"Royalty"