Chapter 46: Time Flies

~ Kassidy's POV ~

After Jayleen fell asleep for the night, her parents insisted that I went home to rest.

I'm laying in my bed, not being able to sleep. My mind is going back to the three words that I was about to say but got interrupted.

If they didn't show up, was I able to say it? Would I be able to?

I sighed as I closed my eyes, hoping to fall asleep. Next thing I know, my alarm is ringing at seven in the morning.

I'm groaning as I sat up. I should stop by to check up on her... Should I? Does she want to see me?

Getting out of bed, I walked over to the restroom. I'm looking at myself in the mirror. There are dark circles under my eyes. Hopping in the shower as I freshen up my morning. Taking out a new suit that's been in my closet for a couple of weeks already, I wore it and made my way out of the car to the hospital.

Getting there, I walked to the desk to ask if Jayleen is still here. They said she is. I thanked them as I made my way to her room.

She was awake as I gave a light knock on her door and slowly opened it.

She smiled at me, "Hey..."

"Morning, how are you feeling?"

"Fine, got a good sleep," she sighed.

Dr. Bell walked in and greeted me, "How are you feeling?" He asked.

"Good, does that mean I can head home?"

"Yeah, we're good to discharge you," he said, "We need you to sign a few forms. Don't overdo anything today, if you have work, either take the day off or work light."

She nodded and signed a few forms before he left and said that she was free to go.

She got up and suddenly held the desk next to the bed. I was alarmed as I went over to stable her.

"Are you okay?"

"Yeah, I just sat up too fast," she said, "I'm just going to head to the restroom and change."

I nodded as I watched her grab her clothes and walk in. I breathed before she came back out.

"Are your parents coming?" I asked.

She shook her head, "I was going to give them a call right now," she said as she walked to the chair and grabbed her bag and phone.

"How about I drive you back? I don't have teachings until 11:00am. It's only 8:20am," I said. She was hesitant, "It's not going to be a bother."

She lightly chuckled, "Okay."

We walked out and into my car, and I drove her back to her apartment. I took a few small glances over at her when we stopped at a few lights before getting onto the freeway.

"I still feel bad, I shouldn't have hit you like that..." she mumbled. My eyes stayed on the road. I could feel her looking over at me.

"It's alright. I blame myself for doing that."

"No, it's not, I shouldn't have hit you. I could have said no, push you away, do something that wasn't swinging my hand at you..."

"No. I'm not mad at you. I can see that you look scared to ask me that," I said as I took the exit off the freeway.

"How is your face?"

"Doesn't hurt, only stung for a little bit," I said, "It's fine now."

She sighed, it sounded like a sigh in relief as I lightly chuckled at her.