Chapter 33: Eventful Evening

~ Kassidy's POV ~

The morning came as I woke up to sun shining into the white curtains of the bright white walls with mahogany wooden floor.

Brushing my teeth and washing my face. I sighed and stretched my body before opening the door and walked out to the smell of breakfast.

"Morning." Mitch smiled as he handed me a cup of coffee.

"Thank you and good morning." He handed me a plate of breakfast and we ate, sitting across the table from each other.

"So, there's this shopping mall called City Creek Center, it's about a ten to twenty-minute drive depending on traffic from here. It's this beautiful shopping mall area both inside and out. It's quite cold and the worst time for an event." He chuckled.

"Haha, it's fine. That shopping mall sounds amazing though," I stated.

"Great. I can show you around and then let you wander." He said. "My cousin who lives here has kids who would come visit me on days that I'm free. They always want me to take them to the mall, so they can explore the snow or all the upstairs and downstairs shops."

I laughed, "That sounds adorable." I said.

We finished eating breakfast and I got changed into a warm long sleeve shirt, black pants, boots, a trench coat, a scarf and a beanie.

"Ready to go?" He asked after I walked out and sat on the couch waiting a couple minutes for him.

"Yeah." I said.

Walking out and into his car, he began to drive in the cold icy weather. The heater was on and some light music played in the background as he drove. Parking the car, we got out and began to walk.

"This place looks beautiful with the snow."

"And hazardous." He said, laughing. We began walking just around the area. "I mean there are many stores, Macy's, Forever 21, Express, and others all on floor one, then there's also Ann Taylor, H&M, White House Black Market on floor two... I could go on." He shrugged.

Chuckling, we just wandered around the first floor, walking into a few stores that he's mentioned and a couple others here and there.

I was looking around for a dress as he looked at some of the ties. "So, is there a particular theme to this event?"

"No, just formal wear." He said.

"Okay." I said.

He walked up and held a tie to his chest, "Do you think this looks nice?" He asked.

"What color is your suit?"

A dark navy blue, the dress shirt inside is a light blue color. Would this tie match?" He asked.

"I think it would. I should find a navy-blue dress just to match you." I said.

"Sure." He said. We continued to look around as he hung the tie on his arm.

"This?" I asked, and he shook his head. "Which would look nice, strapless, one strap, both?"

"Either would. I would have to let you know that it's winter and it's freezing." He said.

"Yeah." I gasped as I saw the next one, "This?" I asked. It was a long V-neck navy blue dress that went down to my feet. Above the waist had a beautiful flower pattern design and the arms had a similar long sleeve design with a nude color cover on the inside.

"It does look nice. Try it on." He said and pointed towards the area of the changing room. I walked in and tried the dress on. "How does it look?" He asked as he stood out there.