.38

It was mayhem, there were flashing lights and people everywhere. The entire club stood, watching the ambulance leave the lot with Chibs inside. Harley stood in front of Happy with his arm around her waist, but even with him holding her up, she felt like everything was crashing down. She couldn't shake the feeling that this was her fault, and now Chibs might die.

"We got church." Happy whispered in her ear before she reluctantly nodded and he kissed her quickly and pressed his forehead to hers before walking off towards the clubhouse. As she walked him walk away she locked eyes with Hale for a few moments, who was giving her an odd look causing her to narrow her eyes. Taking a deep breath before walking towards her car to get her medicine from her purse. It had been a long day and she was extremely sore.

Before she even made it there she heard Mary calling her name behind her. "Harley." She huffed coming to a stop at the young woman. "Need some help."

"What's the matter?" Harley asked, putting a cigarette to her lips and lighting it. She figured she just needed her to watch the kids.

"Don't know what to do." She sighed. "This thing with Chibs, gonna push Ope farther away."

"What are you talking about?" Wishing she got to her pills before this conversation.

"Don't come home much anymore." She sighed. "If he does, he barely speaks to his kids. They have no idea what's happening. I didn't sign up for this. Kids need a mother, a father. Tried talking to Ope. I didn't raise him. We got no history."

"Talk to Pops about it?" She asked, already knowing the answer. 

"He's on his way to the cabin." Mary rolled her eyes. "This'll be a four day bender at least."

"Mary, I don't know how to help Ope." Harley told her, he barely talked to her anymore and when he did he was usually snapping at her. He wasn't the same after Donna, and he probably never will be.

"Talk to him." She begged the girl. "Please."

"Alright." Harley nodded, she knew Opie wouldn't listen to her but she'll at least give it another shot for the kids. Giving Mary a tight smile she jogged over to her SUV and grabbed her purse before sitting herself down at the picnic table in front of the doors. Dropping  the pile of pills in her hand she threw them in her mouth and washed them down with a sip of water from the bottle in her bag when she saw Tara walking her way.

"I'm gonna head over to St. Thomas." She told her. "I'll call you as soon as I hear anything."

Harley nodded her head and turned her attention to Jax as he leaned down and kissed her cheek. "Hey, sweetheart." She gave him a sad smile. "They're waiting for you inside."

He nodded quickly before turning and giving Tara a kiss, when he noticed she wasn't kissing back he pulled away and looked at her face. "What?" He asked her.

"Someone blew up your friend with a car bomb." She stated, looking slightly panicked. 

"We don't know what happened." He clarified, trying to keep her from getting worked up but it didn't seem like it was working. 

"Jesus Christ, we watched it happen." She snapped at him while Harley sat awkwardly at the table, smoking another cigarette trying to act as if she wasn't listening. "Who the hell would do that? Why would anyone do that?" She paused as a look of recognition washed over her face before she looked over to Harley who simply narrowed her eyes.

"Look, I'm not sure who did it and that's the truth." Jax said softly, trying to calm her down. "Probably the same guys who had Otto jumped."

"Are you in danger?" Tara asked him quietly but her voice rising slightly. "Am I? Oh, God."