Chapter 4: Fear

A/N: A thousand years since my last update. My studies have absorbed my time as you have no idea, with two months left for my degree exam. But after episode 3, I couldn't resist. I announce that there's one chapter left to finish this story. I hope you enjoy.

In the morning, tremors in the bed, like a shake, snatched Clementine from her sleep. She struggled uselessly to keep her eyes closed, until the insistence ended up waking her up. She saw AJ shaking her bed. She remembered, then, that they had agreed to get up early, but she couldn't guess why.

—Come on, Clem! It's day already.

—AJ, what ...?

—You have to teach me how to use the bow. Let's go.

AJ shot off down the stairs before Clementine could react. Disgruntled, she got up wondering how she could have forgotten it. Immediately her mind responded, invading her with the still warm sensation of her lover's touch. Excitement followed, colors and, finally, shyness. The girl put a hand on her face, checking her heat, but it was hard to assume it was her skin. She wasn't like that. She didn't let herself be dominated by impulses and didn't like to feel exposed. She instructed AJ to control his emotions, but she had not only let herself be carried away by them, but had also fed them. It didn't sound like her way of being. It was a new sensation that absorbed her. Her body emerged from the dark place where she had locked it, impetuous. And she still couldn't imagine to what extent the consequences of her actions would come.

Something surpassed by the fresh memories, Clementine got some water and rinsed her face, promising herself that she would think about her duties for the rest of the day. However, she ditinguished in her reflection something that left her absorbed. Her golden eyes, normally intimidating and scrutinizing, shone like bright silk. And when she squinted, they communicated tenuous violence.

She shook her head and went down. Enough already. AJ must be impatient.

She went down the stairs and immediately noticed the laughter outside, distinguishing the small one among them. Listening to him being a child reassured her. She wasn't doing things that badly. She opened the door and discovered that, with AJ, Louis had his back to the entrance.

Again in that feeling of helplessness.

—... and there was no way for the tooth to come out, so Marlon had the idea of ​​tying it to one end of the string and holding the other one to an arrow. Then he fired. He hadn't told me it was the first time he used the bow. I nearly killed him when he told me. —Louis said.

—It's not true. Did it work? —AJ asked.

—You can bet, little man, but the blood scared Ruby and she didn't sit with us for a week.

—Clem!

When the boy called her, Louis turned around, establishing contact between their looks. The complicity of their recent meeting hit them, generating some very special expressions for both of them and indecipherable for the rest.

—Louis was telling me how was his first experience with the bow. It was to throw a tooth, can you believe it?

—If it's true, that would explain his way to shoot —Clementine teased.

—Hey It's just that my hands are made for more sophisticated tasks, like music. —replied Louis sympathetically—. But anyway. If you want to get rid of some walkers, AJ, pay attention to Clem when she shoots. It's cool. But try not to make her angry while she does it, or being bitten will seem like a good idea.

For AJ, the class passed normally, with errors and successes, both bringing him closer to a better level of improvement. He wasn't a feat, but with practice he would reach the optimal point to defend himself. For Clementine and Louis, however, it was a game of appearances. They gave the impression that nothing had changed between them, but they looked for any excuse to rub, such as changing the direction of the bow or accommodating the position of the hands. And when AJ tried to shoot alone, they managed to whisper.