08

“What the hell was that?” Tae freaked out as soon as they got out of the science lab. His expression was perplexed and Jungkook knew he should feel bad for the older boy.

He knew how Taehyung felt and most likely the other boy had been filled with hope as soon as Jungkook began clinging to him throughout the day. The way they were laughing and being so close to one another again, Taehyung thought he had a chance especially now that Jimin wasn’t in the picture.

Jungkook sighed and ran his calloused fingers through his soft brown hair, his eyes closing tightly as he chewed the inside of his cheek aggressively. He couldn't help how hard he had fallen for Jimin and it was the worst feeling now that he had been rejected, but he hadn't been. He ran away before the other could explain so maybe Jimin just didn't have the time to process what was said. Maybe he didn't hear...or maybe Jungkook was getting high hopes for no other reason but to convince himself someone loved him back.

”Uh, Kookie?” The familiar gentle voice came from behind him. Jungkook immediately whipped around to look at the small male, his eyes were downcast to his feet and the atmosphere suddenly became tense.

Jimin finally looked at Jungkook in the eyes, instantly regretting the decision because he lost his chain of thought as soon as he did that simple action. He never noticed before just how captivating the younger was. Of course he noticed how attractive he was but it had never been something he ever payed too much attention to.

“Let me expla-” Jungkook was cut off by the older male taking a step closer and sushing him.

“You explain too much of what you do...” The beautiful boy mumbled, trailing off all of a sudden when he spotted the death glare that he was recieving from the blonde boy behind his friend.

He didn't have a clue what he had done to deserve the hateful stare that he was getting but it wasn't the worst thing for a stranger to hate him, it had happened before.

“Maybe if you listened I wouldn’t have to talk so much.” Jungkook retorted, crossing his perfectly toned arms across his chest. It was clear from the beginning that Jungkook could be sassy when he wanted to be, but this was not the right moment because he was dealing with a Jimin who had been awake for almost forty eight hours trying to formulate a plan of how to talk to him again.

“Yeah? Well, maybe if you told the truth I would listen!” He raised his voice a bit which Jungkook had never heard. The latter was quite scared to see the tiny boy with his hurt expression and his hands balled up into tight fists as he spoke. “Just don’t lie to me.”

The last sentence felt like a stab in the young man’s chest, his legs felt suddenly weak and the guilt grew stronger than before. He hadn't been expecting that to be the reason for Jimin's avoidance. He thought he was lying.

“You think I lied?” the boy averted is vision to the ground once again. “I wasn’t. You’ve made things so much better for me, you taught me how it feels to be in love and I completely get it if you don’t return those feelings.” He murmured, it wasn’t said loud but Jimin heard the words echoing in his head. That same euphoric feeling taking over his body.

“Pinkie promise?” Jimin giggled, unable to hide the happiness that was taking over him.

Jimin held up his pinkie and Jungkook linked his finger with the other tiny one. Just at that moment he was pulled closer.

A barely audible whisper said “I love you too.”