Chapter 19: Closer

"Tonight, I have re-learned why I never wear heels," Casey moaned as she sat back down at their groups' table with Jacob. Only Vikram and Harry were still seated there as the others had all left to mingle.

She swore quietly as she tried to adjust her shoes enough to stop them from hurting. Jacob was sitting at her side watching Evan, who was still out dancing. The quiet brunette had a thoroughly amused look on his face. She followed his gaze and laughed as they watched Evan twirl an unknown girl around, before appearing visibly regretful as the girl tried to aggressively grind up against him.

Seb suddenly slipped into one of the empty spaces opposite them at the table.

"Oh, hey!" Casey grinned.

"You two can dance," Seb commented earnestly, his brow raised in surprise.

"He learned from the best," she joked, smiling slyly at Jacob, who huffed.

"I wasn't that bad to begin with," he retorted.

"No, you weren't. I've seen worse."

"I'm seeing worse as we speak!" he replied, nodding towards the dance floor.

She laughed as she spotted Evan again, now dancing eccentrically with two new girls.

"They are barking up the wrong tree," she muttered with a smirk.

"Pretty much the whole dance floor has been barking up that same wrong tree," Jacob said, sounding suspiciously bitter.

Seb listened with interest to their banter. It was his first taste of insight into the private relationships between Casey, Jacob and Evan.

"So, are you enjoying your celebration?" Casey asked, directing her attention back to Seb.

He tipped his head from side to side before nodding, "Not bad, I've had better," he finally replied as a mischievous smile spread across his features. Jacob snorted.

A man Casey didn't know suddenly took the seat next to Seb, directly opposite her.

"Hi there!" he said, looking directly at her.

"Uh, hi," she replied, a slight frown developing across her brow as she tried to remember if she was supposed to know him.

"I hope it's okay for me to sit here?" the unknown newcomer asked. Jacob and Casey awkwardly shook their heads.

He was quite handsome, though he had nothing on Jacob or Seb - at least, in Casey's humble opinion. He was dressed very smartly and had a strong Spanish accent.

"Can I get you a drink?" he asked, directing the question straight to her.

"Oh... no, I'm okay, thank you," she replied, not really knowing where this was going. Who was this guy? Was he from another team?

"Aw, are you sure? What brings you to Spain?" he asked.

"The Grand Prix," she replied, still analysing him and ignoring the first part of his question.

"Oh the car racing? I heard that was on. When's the race?" he asked cheerfully.

"About six hours ago," Jacob replied, his voice thick with disinterest.

Casey flicked her eyes to Seb, who met her gaze and shot her a subtle grin.

"Oh right," the guy laughed, "You can probably tell I haven't watched it. I mean, isn't it just little cars going around and around? I always thought it would be very boring."

Casey bit her lip to hold back a snort as silence echoed around the table.

"I'm Blake, by the way. What's your name?"