Painful Agreement

Kejuán POV

Lucas: untie him." he said pointing the gun at the ropes on my wrist. Some guy untied my wrist and stepped back. Rubbing them I looked up at Lucas.

Lucas: you know who I am." he asked sternly.

I nodded my head slowly.

Lucas: speak up." he demanded.

Me: y-yeah."

Lucas: you do huh ?" he said. I nodded my head and looked around the room. I noticed some of the guys in here but not all.

Lucas: if you know me, you know my brother Will." he said.

Me: yes." I said. He scratched his head before folding his arms again, tucking his gun under his arm.

Lucas: and if you know my brother you know my issue with you."

Me: I-I believe so." I said.

Lucas: great. So I aint gotta give you a whole life story then." he smirked.

Lucas: what's your name homeboy." he dragged.

Me: Kejuán."

Lucas: Kejuán." he said looking around the room.

Lucas: how old is you Kejuán ?"

Kejuán: 18."

Lucas: 18.." he copied. He sounded impressed almost like he was surprised at my age. Sighing he rolled his eyes and stood up. I watched as he placed his gun on the table and fished out a couple of 20's. He counted out four 20's and handed him to his friend next to him.

Lucas: I placed a bet on you, saying that you was prolly older, 19 at least." he said.

Lucas: not that I didn't think you could be 18, I just didn't think you would be a kid." he said nonchalantly.

I smiled small but quickly looked away.

Lucas: that don't matter though, you see, I am sure you know the in's and the outs, do's and don'ts, rules and regulations of being apart of this lifestyle." he said putting the rest of the money back in his pocket.

Lucas: am I right ?" he asked. I looked up at him and nodded my head.

Lucas: so you know that it doesn't matter to me or anyone in this room that your just a kid." he said grabbing a chair. He put the chair backwards and sat on it facing me. He straddled the back of the chair and looked me in the eyes.

He made heavy eye contact with me. Staring at him was like staring at the devil, I was afraid to look away.

Lucas: I will do what I gotta do, to get what I need from you." he hissed. My heart skipped a beat at what he said. My pulse was so loud I was sure that they all could hear it.

Lucas: it could go left or it could go right. It's up to you." he shrugged.

Lucas: i'll start off simple. I am going to ask you a series of questions, your response better be truthful as hell." he warned. I nodded and looked down.

He placed his gun under my chin and lifted my head up.

Lucas: I don't understand a nod, you speak when i'm talking to you boy." he snapped poking my chest with the barrel of his gun at each word.

Me: okay." I choked. I felt myself began to shake, I didn't think I would ever be this afraid.

Lucas: good. Now that we are on the same page, let's get started." He looked up and around at his friends.

Lucas: the question we all wanna know, is what the hell was you doing outside my house a couple of nights ago." he said.

Me: I was sent there." I lied.