Chapter Four

Elisia was struggling. That mundane blur that happens when she zoned out refused to take place. The exhaustion. That's all that played through her mind, only further proving to make her trip that much more difficult. The pair of legs came to a halt. Oh, she realised. My legs.

With her inhalation and exhalation coming in short breaths, another of her countless sighs strolled forth as she allowed herself to crumple to the ground. Though the texture of the grass was rough and unpleasant, a sudden and unexpected bliss met Elisia. She let her body lay on the side of the road as her gaze hazily focused on a small patch of flowers.

These flowers were little and most likely weeds, yet they were also beautiful. Elisia felt that the most enlightening part was that no one else was there and that even if they were, they wouldn't have found it as pleasing as she did. She felt as if though she had phased out of the unecessarily harsh world.

When Elisia had finally come to her senses she felt rather bitter-sweet. Like a beautifully sad movie had just finished playing. One tear, as lone as Elisia, begrudgingly rolled down her cheek. Elisia was out of breath, dizzy, heavy. Sighs were infinitely dismissing themselves and everything was so hard. Nothing had any relevance or importance. Her mind was clear. Entirely. The fog had left her to deal with a new found emptiness. This should be easy. I've done this before, damn it! After an abnormally great deal of effort, Elisia had finally managed to crawl her way back.

Dragging her feet, Elisia came to a stop in the middle of her room. Her eyes were weighted, yet expended so much energy when she tried to close them. Gurgle-hiccup-sniff. For the second time that day Elisia crumpled. With her belly, chest and cheek against the cool, wooden floor, her strangled sobs were wrenched out; eyes glazed over and zoned in on one empty void.

Elisia was unsure as to how long she'd been unconcious for, but the sun no longer peered down. Night time, huh? I sure slept. Normally Elisia would have felt quite negative at not having completed tasks while she had time available. Guess I'm being spared following my absolutely dreadful day.

Refreshed. That's all Elisia could focus on. She felt so... Laid back? Chill? Unsure, all she knew is that it felt good. Still drowsy, the red head attempted to lift herself from the ground. With less than compliant, shaky arms she pushed slightly, only to sigh contently and remain stationery. A breathless laugh left her lips as she had another crack at moving her limp body. Multiple attempts later and Elisia had managed to drag herself to bed. I can do whatever I need to do tomorrow. I feel so fatigued, I just want to sleep.

As soon as the teen had closed her eyes she went out like a light. Blissful sleep met her eagerly even after having already rested.

In the background now distant to Elisia, yet another argument broke out. Maybe the second best thing about sleeping for her was being able to escape everything. Her mind, its worries, and the source of her distress.

A/N:
Well... The Update every month thing obviously didn't happen. Sorry about that. I kind of just lost interest in writing this story; in a lot of things, actually. I will keep updating but not regularly at all. Like probably not even this year. Thanks for all your patience (to anyone who actually reads and enjoys this at least anyway). It's a bit late, but happy new year! I hope it's as good a year as it can get. See y'all next update.