8: Comfort Me

“Mmhh,” Jimin sounded with his husky voice while you placed the soaked towel on his forehead.

You’ve been doing this for about two hours and you noticed how he's regaining back his natural skin color and his fever has finally subsided.

You looked at your wrist watch—11:11pm.

It’s already late, you didn’t noticed how time flies fast.

You stood up carefully, not wanting to wake him up, headed to the kitchen and look for some ingredients to make a simple porridge.

For sure he hasn't eaten anything yet.

You brought the hot nutriment to his bedroom and sat on the edge of the bed.

“Jimin,” you placed your palm on the top of his head, gently caressing his soft strands, “I made some porridge.”

Not long after he squinted his eyes, looking at your face, his eyes widen. It was apparent that he was shock that you were there beside him.

“Eat this,” you said showing him what you’ve made before placing it on the bed side table.

Jimin sat up on the bed a little bit with difficulty, muscles still strained and skin still sensitive due to his sick state.

“What are you doing here?” Jimin asked, his voice was husky and low voice vibrated on his throat.

“Taking care of you,” you answered briefly.

“Y/N—,” he started, reaching out for you, conscience was written all over his features.

“Not now Jimin—eat, get better first then we’ll talk,” you scoffed looking absentmindedly on the bed sheets, “you know what? On second thought, I don’t think I’m ever ready to dig into that black hole inside of me again--.”

All of a sudden, Jimin pulled your body towards him hugging you so tight that you were shocked, taken by his abrupt actions losing the chance to disagree and break free.

You tried pushing him away but you were weak around his embrace.

His embrace that you longed for so long.

“J-jim—.”

Your heart skipped a beat, your lungs stopped breathing for a millisecond as you heard his muffled sobs on your shoulder, saline liquid from his close lids created a wet patch on your clothing.

"Oh. God—,” he breathed. “I’m so sorry, I miss you, I—I don’t deserve you—I’m sorry,”  Jimin said hot breath burning on your tingling skin.

“Jimin—,” your hands automatically went on his back, stroking his broadness to calm him down, his breathing was hefty due to his uncontrollable whimpers.

“Sor—ry.”

“Ssshh,” you hushed him, he was trembling, fingers digging on your skin as he held you tighter as if frightened that you’d go away.

Soon his sobs turned into tiny sniffles and his breathing was calmer than before.

“Jimin?” you softly whispered and he moved to finally look at you. “The food is getting cold, you don’t want my efforts to get wasted right?”

He shook his head fast and reached for the food on the table.

“Thank you Y/N,” and then he stuffed himself up.

---

“Just sleep here tonight, it’s really late,” Jimin offered, “I’ll sleep on the couch.”

“You’re sick, I won’t let you sleep on the couch.”

And so you ended up on the same bed with Jimin, keeping your back on him, lying on your side on the furthest corner of the bed away from him.

You could feel the bed move and your heartbeat rose as soon as the blanket covered your small frame.

You breathed in a deep breath, held it in place as you felt Jimin’s hand slid on your thin waist pulling you closer, pressing your back onto his chest.

He was warm and it felt like summer under the cloudy sky, surrounded by the grassy terrain, flowers scented your surroundings, butterflies flew on the air.

It was the first time in ages since you felt this calm when a man touches you, hug you.

It was weird.

Even you yourself questioned.

How are you still being so calm?

Opposite to the usual chaos that would engulf your mind, opposite to trembling of your flesh and lips. The memories of darkness was way at the back of your mind and only his presence was the thing that filled you up.

You were at peace close to him, but like a crack on a concrete wall, creeping its way further and wider on a vast space, your terror still pondered inside your heart. Like a wound that never healed, always waiting to be open just to rip you from the inside out.

Suddenly you were back on that place again, looking over your molester's shoulder, letting him make use of your weakened body. It's as if you could hear Jin's voice inside your head, loud and clear with his threats and blabs.

It was harder to breathe, like your lungs was filled with so much water you were drowning with your own thoughts, thoughts you couldn't escape especially at nights of slumber.

Help.

"Y/N!"

You cast your eyes open and gasped, beads of sweat trickled on your temple, you were heaving.

Another nightmare just like the other nights.

Jimin hugged your shivering body. Your eyes left wide open, lips slightly agape, it was the first time that there was someone to comfort you after an episode of your non ending nightmares.

You close your eyes shut, trying to steady your breathing.

Usually it would take a lot of time, and you would end up crying like a baby for minutes or even hours, but with Jimin's soothing hushes, his hands caressing your shoulders, and his ticklish strands brushing on your cheeks, you managed to calm down easily.

It's like the situation turned upside down.

It was just earlier that you were the one comforting Jimin, and now it's the opposite.

Slowly, you pushed your body off him, and you both ended up looking directly into each other’s eyes.

His eyes were full of worry, and sadness, and it still affected you to see him like that which made you get drawn into his beautiful sparkling eyes.

You inhaled as he moved his face closer to yours, eyes went down to focus on your plump lips and you let out the air from your chest, parting your lips a little before he brushed his own against yours.

He didn’t kiss you just yet, just letting his lips hover on yours, connected and caressing yours like a soft feather, so gentle and breathtaking that you had to close your eyes to feel it completely.

You gripped on his shirt, crumpled it on your hands as you felt the tension thickened the air.

Jimin could feel his shirt tighten on response with your grip on it, he let his hands run over your arms and to your knuckles, caressing it lightly before he tangled your fingers together, he pushed his head up and pressed his lips on your forehead.

You immediately opened your eyes, view obscured by his neck, his Adam’s apple moved as he gulped, his heart beat was fast against your fingers flustered by that short intimacy. He let his lips rest on your forehead, hot breath fanning your skin.

“I’m here now, so don’t be afraid anymore.”

A/N:

Since it's my birthday today, I won't have you guys waiting on this latest chapter.

Enjoy! 😘😚😚😘😚😘

-저
190127
6:20pm KST