S-1: The Meeting

"Well, Winnifred, I didn't think it would be this soon." Bowser said to Winnifred, his face merely smoke pouring out of a cauldron in the sisters' home. In reality, Bowser was back at his castle with the princess, and the sisters were in their cottage on the edge of the Koopa Kingdom. It was a very convienent place to be, as it was on the border of Peach and Bowser's domains, which allowed the sisters to see the happenings in both kingdoms. "I thought they wouldn't find each other for about 10 more years. At least, that's what Kamek said."

"My lord Bowser, we have tried to postpone it, but it seems our attempts were futile. Our fourth took a different path than us and has been sabotaging our efforts. You see, she is much more powerful than us, and will not let us redirect fate." Winnifred said into the smoke.

"I understand." Bowser admitted. "The princess has not been cooperating either. We've even tried threatening to attack her castle. We wouldn't do that, of course, but she doesn't know that."

"I heard that!" A sassy voice said from "offscreen" said. Bowser just roared to the right. "Move her into the throne room!" He yelled, supposedly to a few of his minions. After a moment, he looked back to the girls. "She's a nightmare, honestly. I don't know why I even keep her here anymore."

"Regardless, we may want to focus on the task at hand, my lord, if you do not mind."

"Of course, of course." Bowser said offhandedly. "Do you have any plans to stop this 'fourth one' you speak of?"

"There is one way. In theory." Winnifred warned. "However, it requires finding The Great Four."

"I'm listening." Bowser said. He was a sucker for anything magical, and if it involved stopping his mortal enemy, then that was even better. "Go on."

"Thousands of years ago, there were four great sorcerers. Though they came from three different worlds, but they were the most powerful of their time. And so they banded together to defeat the great sorcerer Mormodon. They managed to seal him away, however in doing so they lost their powers and their lives. Before then, however, they created four items and scattered them across their lands. If the four items were brought together, the wielders would have unimaginable magic power. However, this comes at a cost, for when The Great Four are awakened, Mormodon is as well."

"But what are the items?"

"Nobody knows what the items look like, with only a riddle to know of them:

The stars, the pool, the sun, the rose.

When one comes, another goes.

The rose, the pool, the stars, the sun.

With evil, there is only one.

The last item, you will see,

Is very close and dear to me.

Which it is, well I suppose,

No-one else except me knows.

Bring me these before the chime

of midnight in three days time,

for then a Fire Moon appears,

which comes but once each thousand years.

Bring them and I guarantee,

You'll find your final destiny.

This is the only known way to find the items. Nobody knows where they are, as this is the only clue anyone has ever gotten." Winnifred finished.

"Strange. Okay. Thank you." Bowser said. Winnifred went into a deep curtsy as the smoke fizzled out and she could see Bowser no more.

"What shall we do, Winnifred?" Lucinda asked. She and Martha had just entered.

"We will find the items and make our dear sister pay!"