S-4: The Empowered

He had sent a messenger.

It wasn't summoning the messenger that was hard, nor was it dressing the messenger in the archer's costume that suited his liking.

No, it was getting the messenger past the border that was tricky.

The Midnight Realm was separated from the other realms by a barrier-a powerful wall of magic meant to let not one person in or out.

That being said, if the person was already outside of the barrier, they could go between the realms as they pleased.

He had managed to find a crack-a hairline opening in the magical barrier, so thin a sheet of paper could barely fit through. However, someone could thread magic into the thinnest of strands and slide it through.

That's exactly what Morsmordon did.

"Go to the Twilight Realm," he commanded to the archer-messenger once he had been summoned, "And find the sorcerers. If my hunch is correct, they should be looking for the sundial. Tell them of their fate." Without a word, the messenger turned on his heel and started down the long, winding path leading to the other realms.

Some time later...

The messenger had arrived. Morsmordon could tell. Now it was time for him to try one of his old tricks from before he was locked away. He reached out his hand to the crack of the barrier and reached out with his soul to his messenger. He then searched the universe and all the realms until he found the messenger, then seized his empty husk of a body, making it his own, temporarily. Of course, he couldn't stay in that body forever-he was far too weak, currently. It didn't even matter, anyways. This was just the first step in his escape plan.

His vision briefly went dark, before he saw the messenger's surroundings as if they were his own. He was in an alley, standing next to some garbage-not stinking, thank goodness. He was about to skulk out into the blinding sun when he saw a figure walk into his field of vision. There was a girl, about 20, with an outfit that seemed... familiar somehow. The realization suddenly struck him like a sack of bricks. This was one of the people from his dream! He spotted the star charm around the girl's neck.

In an instant, all his curiosity and excitement suddenly turned to rage.

Morsmordon snuck up behind the girl and grabbed her by the arm, dragging her into the alley.

"What the-" she began to cry out, but Morsmordon put a hand over her mouth. He pinned her against the wall.

"Do you know what he commands?" Morsmordon said. He had decided it best to pretend he was a messenger, and not himself.

"What?" The girl struggled to get free of his grip, but her arm didn't budge.

"He will become free of his prison. He will not rest until the worlds are his! G̴̡̘͖͈̼̩̐̋r̷̦̗̲̙͍̫̠̥͛̈́̒̓͌̆ẽ̴̘ȁ̴̹͇̙̭̭̘͍̈́̓́̽͐̈̈ͅt̸̻͉͑͋̈́̀̈́͝͠͝ ̴͉̪̙͈̦̙̩̌̈́͐̀̔͑̇̅͝Z̷̤͉͈̞̤̋è̸̙͚̤̖͈̚l̴̢̬̰̬̱̞͌̇̒͘l̵̨̠̬̉͛̅̄̀̇͘͝ͅȧ̸̳̮̅̓,̸̠̙̳͖͈͊̓̀̌͐ ̵͓͉̖̟̬̜̫̤̊͂̑͝Y̷̫̥͎̤̲͈̖̤͆͂̉̑̍͠ͅŌ̴͓̝̼͇̱̗̼̝̥̓̍̈́͝͝Ų̶̧͙̠̘͋͆̐͗̊́͝ͅŔ̸̯̞̬̐͒͌̾̆̽̏͝ ̷̢̫̼̮͙̹͌̅̽̚T̷̯̯͕͚̜͎̼͓̆I̶̖̳̱̹̫͉̱̯̳͝M̷̨͉̖͊͑̎̃͝Ë̵̜̦̺̩̺̹̠͋͆͊̂͆̆̈ͅ ̷̩̤̦̻̥̈́͑Ô̸̠̐͗̊̚̕F̴̡̼̦̻̣͎͙̮̞̈́͊̔͝ ̶̞̭͔̭̱̑R̷͖̜̂̀͛́̇Ḛ̷͖̭̣͔͔́͑̈́̆̇̚͝Ķ̶̲̥̳̼̳̄̈͌̆ͅÕ̸̗͙̦̳̖̳̝Ņ̸̡̟̬̖̩̯̀̆͋̍͗Ĩ̴͚̰̣̀̃̆̀̊̒͒Ň̵̠̓̈́̈́̀̏̀͝G̶̨̨͓̱̩̖͉͒ͅͅ ̴̟͙̫̯̠̼̱̇̍F̵͚͒A̶̜̙͎͗̽͊̚Ś̴͚̙̤̝͇͖͍̰̘̓T̷̨̖̝̖̙̣̯̅͒̈́̏͆̍̑͜ ̸̨͉̣̝̾̍̆̓̓͌̍́̕Ą̴̟̟͕̻͈̳̏̈́P̴̰̘̻̮̲̮͓̊̐̐̑͐͜P̴̡͍̦͓͉̄͌̒͘R̶̡̞̼̓O̴̧̖̙͍̦̟̼̦̊̅̓͑͒̓̐A̶̯̞͒̈͝Č̵̪̫̇̄͗H̸̢̡͕̳͍̠͇̅ͅȆ̸̹̕͜S̸̻͉͕̭̿̾̍̔̂̈́͆͜!"

There was a flash, and the girl was gone. Morsmordon looked down at his hand. It was starting to crumble to dust. Almost like... Morsmordon thought as he nervously looked around. He realized the crumbling was his own magic being exhausted and no longer able to keep up the form. His vision flashed as he returned to his normal self in the Midnight Realm.

He had seen Zella.

The one who had the original idea to seal him away. An yet, he still had an advantage. Zella, as he remembered, was ever so naïve.

He would make sure she was the first one he killed.