0.3

the weekend was over now so riley was forced to interact with her brother since he was her ride. since the party, jacky had tried multiple times to apologize but riley just wasn't ready to hear it.

she didn't hate her or anything, she was just upset so she needed a bit more time.

the night grayson dropped her off got a bit dramatic as soon as alex got home. the both had gotten into a terrible argument. they have both been giving each other the silent treatment since then.

"after school i have practice, you can sta—"

"i'll walk." she said as she slammed the door to his car and made her way towards the front doors of her highschool. she made her way towards her locker and saw jacky all the way down the hall. they both gave each other sad looks but riley was the first to look away.

"hey." she looked up to see the twins and a smile immediately made its way onto her face, "are you okay?" grayson asked with a hint of concern in his voice.

it caused riley to smile but ethan only seemed confused. she shut her locker and turned towards them, "yeah, thanks for the ride by the way."

"no problem, glad i could help." they both stood there with their eyes locked. ethan looked in between them and he could feel his blood boiling. since when did they flirt? since when did they even talk? only four days ago riley hated grayson and now she was always smiling at him.

he wouldn't say he was jealous but he was jealous.

riley then turned to ethan and his heart stopped, she was so damn beautiful. "thank you too, you kept me laughing while you were doing stupid shit in the back while drunk." she giggled and etham swore his heart could explode right then and there.

"no problem, i'll always be here to make you laugh." he smiled at her.

"well boys, i have to get to class. see you at lunch." she then strolled down the hall, leaving the boys behind.

grayson and ethan stood there completely silent, neither knowing what to say to the other. it was obvious they both had a thing for her but it was also obvious neither twin would back down.

grayson was the first to walk away with a serious expression on his face, he had quite a bad temper so he decided to walk away before ethan could make a remark.

ethan stood there with a smirk on his face, the competition hadn't even begun and he was already winning.

••

it was now lunch time and riley was on her way down to the cafeteria when she saw maggie and her two bestfriends—april and haley, giggling like maniacs after exiting the girls bathroom.

maggie caught her eye and she sent an evil smirk towards her, a smirk that made rileys' heart drop. she quickly walked into the bathroom to hear someone crying the in middle stall.

"hey, are you okay? do you need any help?" riley called out.

"riley?"

"jacky?" she asked confused, "open the door. what happened?" the stall door swung open and jacky stood there covered in food. her eyes were swollen from crying so much.

"oh my god jacky! come here." riley helped throw the food away, luckily there were no stains, at least none that were noticeable.

"she followed me in here. she called me a whore and said alex was just using me and that he would run right back to her. when i said that he wouldn't she and her friends threw their lunch on me." jacky explained while calming herself down.