0.6

lunch time had rolled around and riley had already taken a seat along with jacky at an empty table near the back corner of the cafeteria. rileys' eyes scanned the cafeteria searching for grayson. she was trying to apologize but she couldn't seem to find him.

"hey." she looked to her right to see ethan take a seat across from her with a smile on his face.

"hi." she replied with a shy smile.

"so, i invited someone else to come sit with us."

"grayson?" she blurted out and ethan just stared at her for a couple seconds.

"no, his names james."

"names james, hey! that rhymes." jacky giggled which caused ethan to roll his eyes.

"here he comes." the three of them looked up to see james take a seat next to ethan.

"you must be james." riley smiled at him.

"honey! that mascara, no!" jacky immediately went through her bag and pulled out a make up wipe along with her mascara.

"thanks sis." james smiled.

"sis?" riley asked with a small smile on her face. james blushed as he realized what he had said.

"sorry, i— i just always say that for some reason."

"it's cool, i like it." ethan laughed lightly. riley smiled but her mind wandered somewhere else. her eyes once again scanned the room.

"you're looking for grayson." ethan stated.

"uhm, yeah. i still haven't been able to apologize." she said a bit awkwardly. james and jacky just exchanged a weird look before shrugging.

"he's right there." the four of them turned around to see michael and grayson walk in. they walked past the table and riley almost gagged as the smell of cigarettes hit her.

"grayson!" she blurted out. he turned around and locked eyes with her. he hesitantly began walking towards her, "can uh— can we talk?" he nodded and riley stood up.

the both of them walked outside the cafeteria where it was completely empty.

"look grayson, about yesterday—"

"i'm sorry." he interrupted her. she looked at him, completely surprised. "i shouldn't have called you a bitch or said any of those things." he mumbled.

"no, i shouldn't of said what i said. you were right, i am a bitch. i'm sorry grayson. i didn't mean any of it, you are my friend. please, don't be mad at me."

he sent her a small smile and chuckled, "how could i ever stay mad at you?" a huge grin made its way onto her face.

she pulled him into a hug, the smell of cigarettes completely surrounded her. she hated the smell yet it was so addictive.

it was graysons' smell.

they pulled away, both their faces slightly pink.

"so i should get goi—"

"come sit with us." she blurted once again. he looked at her confused, "come on. i swear you won't regret it." she begged and he just simply couldn't say no.

the both of them walked back into the cafeteria and grayson took a seat on the other side of james.

"james, this is grayson. ethans' brother."

"oh god, there's two of them." grayson and ethan chuckled awkwardly. after a cool minute the twins immediately bonded with james.

"my reaction exactly!" jacky laughed which caused riley to let out a giggle. both twins looked incredibly uncomfortable yet, they couldn't help but feel at ease sitting at the table with the rest of them.