An Open Book

God is a masterful storyteller.

One thing I struggle with in my walk with God is being an open book. You see, God writes stories; books filled with beauty and redemption and hope, wrapped in a cover of love. Every word has meaning and the intention to bring forth the best ending for the book - and God takes the time and care to strategically write it out. After, he publishes it for all to read.

I like to write fanfiction as well as my original stories and when ever I finish a chapter, I publish it. It's very common to do now on wattpad and fanfiction.net and I picture that is how God does things too but better because He actually thinks things through, unlike me. He takes time to make sure everything works together for our own good because He knows people are going to read His works. People are going to see it and it'll bring Him glory and lead others to Him.

The type of books God doesn't write are diaries. Think about a type of diary with a lock, where you write in and then shut close to hide under your pillow or on your shelf for no one to see. God doesn't write those types of diaries where He hides them. 

He write and publishes stories and we are those stories.

Jesus said we are the light of the world, a city on a hill. We can't be hidden candles or diaries. We're stories meant to be shared with others and it brings Christ glory. Very awesome:)

So how does it relate to my earlier statement about myself? It shows me my problem clearly; I'm a book that's wrestling to be a diary...I want to be a book, an open one where everyone can see God's amazing hand on my life, the clear joy and love flowing out but I struggle with that. I'm struggling with opening up for people to read me...and I want to change.

I want to be the book God wants me to be, it's just hard taking those steps necessary to do so. However, I believe God is helping me with this because He always brings something to mind, a conviction, in order to help us overcome our battles - not to shame us. This will lead to something great and I believe God is writing this chapter for a reason - someone will be struggling with what I'm struggling with. Someone will need to know what I am learning now - someone needs hope and inspiration that is being given to me.

And God will use me to show them.
To walk with them.

God will use me or even a chapter in my life to attract others to His glorious light. It'll be amazing...it'll be beautiful, like seeing the stars shining bright on the blanket of the milky way.