Chapter 1

Jack stood at the aisle, shifting uncomfortably on his foot he sighed, his palm had turned sweaty by now, and he knew he was nervous. Well, that will be the first time.

He stole glances at the door waiting for his bride to make an entrance. He was here for a reason, he agreed to this whole arrangement for a reason.

The door creaked open, and there she stood.

His heart skipped few beats, Jack had seen her before, but today it felt as if fate had it all coming his way.

He glanced from the corner of his eyes and could easily see how fear was plastered all over her face. She stood at the door staring at her feet and clutching the bouquet of dandelions as if her life was held in it.

The music started, she still made no attempts to move, she was probably more nervous than himself. Jack wished he could walk over to her and escort her, but he was strictly instructed to stand in the aisle. Something in him flickered for the briefest amount of time, and he had no clue what this unheard alien emotion was.

He was here for a reason, Jack reminded himself distracting from his newly fathomed feelings, he just can't stand there like an idiot, he had to do something.

Jack tried recalling her name but failed; he turned his full attention to her. The first thing he saw was how pale her skin stood against the ivory dress; her golden curls were loosely hanging over her shoulder. He couldn't notice the color of her eyes as she was staring at the ground but something else caught his eyes.

Her lips were a color....red...or maybe plum. It didn't seem she applied anything on her lips to make them look like that; Jack still couldn't decide the color. It was like roses....shades of pink and red.

Rose.

He finally remembered her name.

Rose, he repeated in his head.

As if she heard his thoughts she looked up from the ground and stared straight into his eyes. With their gazes locked he felt the same alien feeling resurfacing. She didn't look away; it seemed as if all her fear and hesitation was washed away with this exchange of contact.

And with her newly found courage, she began walking towards him.

Her walk was graceful.

As she came closer his heart went into a frenzy, all this time she kept staring into his eyes. Her eyes were chocolate brown but her eyes didn't hold any interest for him as now he had seen her lips.

She reached the aisle and stood in front of him, with their gazes locked Jack felt as if he is lost in some trance, he didn't care why he was here, what his original motives were for agreeing to this whole affair, he was happy this moment... standing here, he didn't care about anything else.

He heard the designated pastor tapping her foot in sheer impatience. She noisily cleared her throat to gain their attention. Jack was forced to tear his gaze from Rose, and he glared at the impatient pastor.

Jenna shrugged and cleared her throat again; she was beaming with joy. Today she was playing every possible role for this wedding to happen. This wedding was her first step towards her dream.

If she wouldn't have been his sister he would have had already strangled her for disturbing his most perfect moment. But Jenna was his only sister, and he loved her no matter how annoying and demanding she was. She had practically grilled him over her charcoal pleas and additional oil tears for him to play his role in the wedding. She wanted her aunt Camille to be impressed by her work and know how serious she was about pursuing her dream job. Aunt Camille was one of Seattle's top-notch wedding planner, and now it was Jenna's dream to be a wedding planner herself. He couldn't blame her for the enthusiasm she had because he knew why she was so whipped by his aunt.