~*~ Orientation ~*~ Ch. 1

Rukia Young

“Raise and shine,” a male voice presses from across the room as Rukia still tries to continue sleeping in bed. After a short while of noticing that the younger girl isn't going to wake up, the voice lets out an amused chuckle.

“You're going to have to wake up soon, you know,” the voice continues, making Rukia groan in frustration. She knows that this familiar voice is right, but she doesn't really want to get up yet. It had to be around seven o'clock in the morning right now, but First Year Orientation is scheduled today at nine o'clock.

“I'm going. I'm going,” Rukia groans, rolling out of bed and letting her eyes fall on the spunky raven haired boy sitting across the room. He has a bright smile painted across his face and looks wide awake, despite how early in the morning it is right now. He looks as if he's been up for hours already, which probably wasn't too far off of the truth.

“Good morning Bubu,” Zack teases from his perch on the stool stationed next to Rukia's desk. The younger girl giggles and tosses a pillow at his head in response.

“'Morning, Teddy. Did Farrah ask you to get me up,” she questions before going over to the dresser beside her childhood friend and sister's boyfriend to get some clothes. She pries open the top drawer, looking for a good shirt to wear to her orientation today, wanting to look decent, but yet still not really caring all too much.

“Naturally,” Zack says after chuckling, referring to how his girlfriend will always ask that he go with Rukia somewhere when she is unable to do so herself. He looks into the drawer and pulls out a random shirt for his little friend and she nods, agreeing with his choice.

“I love how much she cares for me, but she does know I don't need a babysitter,” Rukia sighs, pulling out a random pair of sweatpants and heading over to the bathroom to change.

“You know it's not in her design to ever relax. She's constantly worried about something, Bubu. It's what makes her herself I suppose,” Zack says, shrugging, before realizing that Rukia couldn't really see that he did so.

“I know... but still,” Rukia says, walking out of the room fully changed, a hair elastic in her mouth as she fixes her hair. Naturally Rukia is extremely quiet, the only real reason that she is actually talking about how she feels is that she's with Zack, one of the very few people that she's really open with. Zack is always really understanding and they've grown really close over the years, so it was almost as simple as walking when it came to talking to him.

“I get what you're talking about, Ruki. I mean I've known her longer than you have,” Zack says with a chuckle as he gets up to help his friend fix her bed. The brunette girl is now holding the brush in her mouth, while the elastic in it before is holding her hair up. The two make quick work of fixing her bed, before glancing at the clock.

“Well seeing as First Year Orientation isn't until nine, do you want to go and get breakfast,” Zack asks, noticing that they still have almost two hours to spare.

“Sure thing. Where do you wanna go,” Rukia asks, grabbing a small backpack that she put her items for orientation in. Zack just motions to the door instead of answering her question, causing Rukia to roll her eyes playfully and giggle.

“You'll see when we get there nosy,” Zack says, dragging her down the hallways of the girl's dormitories.

~A Few Moments Later~

“How were you able to get into the girl's dorms so early in the morning, Zack? I thought boys couldn't enter until after ten o'clock,” Rukia asks, as her and Zack sit at a table in a cafe right down the street from the Academy.