Fourth

Stay with me, no, you don't need to run
Stay with me, my blood, you don't need to run
Stay with me, no, you don't need to run
Stay with me, my blood, you don't need to run

°

It was common knowledge that Jeon Jungkook and Park Jimin were orphans living with their grandmother.

Many children were aware of this fact, as the two boys' parents never showed up to any school-related parties or events. When some kids questioned this, Jimin had explained with calm ease that they were living with their grandma, which was the truth.

Jungkook however, was not as much of a social butterfly as Jimin. Jimin was charming and cute and everyone just loved him. Oppositely, Jungkook always thought himself to be easily unlikable and ugly.

Jimin made tons of friends, instantly fitting in while leaving his younger brother in the dust. So when the older's classmates asked about his parents, Jimin provided the explanation without an issue.

When Jungkook was asked about his parents though, this was not the case.

It always either ended with him bursting into tears or running away. He hadn't been able to move on like Jimin had, so every time he even so much as thought of his parents, he'd feel the wound gape wider and wider until it stretched so big it swallowed him whole.

Jungkook's feelings were so complicated on the matter. It did not help that he was also adopted, and therefore questioned his worth compared to Jimin's on a daily basis.

It had happened when Jungkook was starting out his fourth grade year. His parents were lost in a simple car crash.

The emotional pain of saying goodbye to their hometown of Busan was intense for both brothers, even tough Jimin. It was their childhood and always would be.

Moving to Daegu to live with their grandma was a huge change, a change that left already shy Jungkook in a constant trance of silent uncertainty.

But Daegu had brought good things as well as bad things, Jungkook was slowly learning. For example, without Daegu, there'd be no Yoongi. And Jungkook couldn't imagine life without Yoongi.

It was strange though, to live in his grandmother's home, the very same home his parents grew up in.

It felt odd, because though their parents met in Daegu and later moved to Busan, they still held their entire childhoods in Daegu. And now Jungkook felt as if he was experiencing the same things they had, growing up just like them.

Naturally, their parents were buried in Daegu's massive cemetary, they deserved to rest where they had been born.

This made everything much easier for Jimin and Jungkook, because it allowed them to visit their parents' graves without much trouble. It was even close enough to walk.

Every year, on the day their parents passed, Jungkook and Jimin would make the journey to their graves, Jungkook singing along the way.

Something that was not common knowledge was that Jungkook's voice was purely angelic, smooth and sweet when he sang. He never really sang except on that day however, because of course his insecurities got in the way.

So when Yoongi had asked Jungkook to sing for him, Jungkook had politely declined.

It began in the very beginning of Jungkook's freshman year. His parents' anniversary was coming up in less than a week.

Strangely enough, when Jungkook had finally gotten to highschool, Jimin and Taehyung had begun to accept him again. Although it never lasted for long, and they made it clear when they didn't want him there, Jungkook was able to follow them around without being chased nor beaten.