Chap 6

I stare at my ceiling blankly, listening to my custom ringtone fill the room. I didn't get any sleep last night. The sleeping medication helped to no avail. Yesterdays scene kept replaying in my head. Usui's green eyes locked on my [e/c]. He says he's joking and calls me gullible, but you can just mess with me like that, Usui!

I sit bolt upright and stare daggers ahead at nothing. I'm sick of it. I'm confused. I want it to stop. I turn off my alarm on my phone and get ready for school. I make sure to cover my dark circles with some concealer before I head out.

I arrived in my classroom almost an hour later and sat down. Before class starts, I get out my calculator and paper and work on the equations that are due on Monday. The bell rings just a few minutes later and class begins.

Of course I was assigned a lot of homework over the weekend just after the festival. I would complain, but what good would that do? I stand up as the bell rings for lunch. I grab my boxed lunch and turn around  to see Sakura beaming at me.

"Hey [y/n]! I was thinking we could all eat lunch outside like a picnic today!" She cheers.

"All?" I say and then look behind her. Yup, all four of us. Misaki, Sakura, Shizuko, and I. "I think that would be wonderful." I say and follow them down the halls. We picked out a spot under a tree and sat down together.

"I made sandwiches for everyone today!" Sakura smiled as she unwrapped a box with four sandwiches inside. 

"Wow, thank you Sakura!" Misaki smiled.

We all chose our sandwiches and ate them. It was so peaceful. The soft breeze rustled our hair. My favorite happy song seemed to play on repeat in the back of my head as I sat here with my friends. Times like these are the best. No worries. No work. No stress.

~

My schedule seemed to be on repeat for a few days, like a broken record player playing the same line over and over. But, it wasn't all bad. The next Wednesday rolled around, and I had a scheduled a break from work. Sakura and Shizuko actually invited me to go out and shop with them. I don't really have any pocket money to spend, but I said yes just to be with them.

They invited Misaki as well, but she had to turn them down. She said there were stack and stacks of paper work to get to. 

"[Y/n]!" I heard my name being called. I looked up and saw Sakura waving to me and laughing. "I am so glad you could make it!" She cheered. 

I smiled at her enthusiasm. "My pleasure! I don't know if I'll buy anything, but as long as I'm with you two, there's nothing that I could want more." 

We walked down the crowded roads and looked into the windows of stores. There was one clothes store that Sakura couldn't keep her eyes off. Seeing this, Shizuko suggested we go in. Mannequins dressed in dresses and blouses stood in the window. We walked inside and looked at all of the clothes on racks and folded in neat piles.

I looked around, just to see what was available, and I ended up finding a black sweater made of cashmere that I really loved. I looked at my green jacket that isn't very warm... and this sweater is so soft. I looked at the pricing and nearly choked. Why would one sweater cost five thousand yen?!

"[Y/n], did you find something you like?" Shizuko asked me. I looked up at her and back at the sweater, biting my lip and debating my answer.

"Yes but, it's so expensive." I say and stare at the price tag. 

"Sakura and I could maybe pitch in some money. How much do you have on hand?" Shizuko said, getting out her wallet.

"No, no, you really don't need to do that." I try and say, but it seems her mind is already set. I sigh and answer, "A thousand yen."