Chapter 1.

"I'm heading out!" I called out to the woman in the house whom I'm supposed to call mother, but as usual I get no response. Not that I ever expected one.

I hopped in the car and drove to the gym to meet up with someone at the gym. I was actually looking forward to coming in today, not just for the reason of getting away from that woman in the house, but because I had found an opportunity. I had been fighting for a while, but I this time in particular I had heard rumors. 

Now, I had tried to train kids before, but every time something went wrong, and because I didn’t care about the money, I would just stop training them. I will only train with them if they go by my rules.

One time this one kid didn't listen to me and ended up in the hospital because he thought he was all that. lt was his own fault he was in there. I tried to warn him.

But this one, this was the first time I had heard rumors of a kid someone knew would be up and coming, and I was wanting to check out his skills. People have come to me before to ask to be trained, but I ended up turning most of them away, that’s why this kid was something special, he’s the first time I sought someone out.

What had made me even more interested was the fact he was related to Nathaniel Sethos. I hadn’t remembered the name right off the top of my head, but I soon realized that he was not only a guy I grew up with and used to hang out with, he was also the number one kick boxer in the state. I was pretty dang sure that Nate was an only child, but hey, I could have been wrong.

I turned the ignition off and hopped out of the car, hands stuffed in my pocket as I entered the worn down warehouse we call a gym. If we were in a better part of town, there's no doubt that this thing would have been remodeled or torn down ages ago.

When I entered into the main part of the place, I saw my old acquaintance. Having had known him before gave me an advantage to be able to get in contact with him. My eyes jerked to the right, catching the movements of a kick boxer. A guy that was about a half foot shorter than Nate, dressed in a hoodie and basketball shorts and small MMA style fighting gloves, was in an attack fighting stance. I looked closer and saw Nate holding his hands up for the little dude, and he would kick or punch them rapidly. I crossed my arms over my chest and leaned back against the wall for a minute, assessing him to see what I was going to be dealing with.

This kid seemed so far to be living up to the reputationI heard about, and pretty dang close to the exaggerated rumors I’ve heard of him. His form was good, his movements were quick. He was definitely a natural at this, no doubt with the help he’s had training from Nate.

I watched for a little bit longer till they started to mess around, and Nate started to hit his head every time the kid would take a swing. I chuckled to myself as he pulled him into a one armed hold and started to give him a noogie.

It was times like these I wished I had a sibling.

"Yo, break it up." I called out as I approached. Nate snapped his head my direction and gave a small nod when he saw me.

"Sup man?" he greeted as he pushed his brother away.

He started to come toward me and out if the corner of my eye, I saw his kid brother jump and attack. I had time to say something, sure, but I just watched it play out in front of me with a smirk.

Nate went tumbling to the ground with the kid attacking the crap out of him, laughing the whole time, till they got to their feet again.

"Lesson number two, never turn your back on your opponent. Isn't that right?" the guy laughed at Nate's frowning face, even more when Nate shook his head and smirked at the little rat.