An Island Getaway

The meeting with JYP and YG was short, I didn't even have enough time to sit and cross my legs, and was just to inform both groups they were going to be filmed dancing against each other as they did before on WinNext. This time, though, a small stage was put together for the collaboration between GOT7 and WINNER for the fans. Recently the two groups fans have also come together and donated a hefty sum of money and food for a relief project in another country so as a treat for this good works collaboration a summer stage was set up.

For hours I sat back and watched as Winner interacted with my closest friends in GOT7. I ate one of the two pies I'd brought with me savoring it's flavor as my world felt brighter than ever. A small reprieve from the chaos that is Idol Industry. I also saw the petty lengths Jackson was going to avoid having to talk to Mino.

In the year Jackson and I had gotten to know each other I had never seen him act this way. I could tell by the audience that they were seeing it as well. So before Jackson went back on stage for the baby shark song, I pulled him over to me for a moment.

"You okay?" I ask him gently.

"Why was he holding on to you?" Jackson questions harshly and out of breath. He uses a white towel near the table of waters to pat down some of the sweat he was dripping. I took the towel from him and did his forehead and cheeks so he didn't ruin his makeup.

"We are friends. Is he not allowed to put an arm around me when I'm nervous or panicking? Don't you do that for me when I have a panic attack?" I questioned him. At my words, he visibly stopped his jealousy and looked at me with sympathy.

"You had a panic attack? I'm sorry I should have been there for you. I just got so mad that he was touching you. You're mine. No one else is allowed to be on you." He says possessively.

I laugh at his words because if someone outside this conversation heard it's sound like he was a jealous boyfriend. Jackson was my best friend and he was already with someone. Someone really perfect for him. Someone I trusted with one of my best friends heart but that's beside the point.

The point was that Jacky tended to become overprotective of me because of our close relationship. Right now though I needed him to focus on his stage performance and not give shade to someone he sharing said stage with.

"Jacks, please be nice to Mino. You have an amazing reputation for being a great friend don't tarnish it by being a butt to another idol cause he's talking to a nobody like me!" I whisper-yell at him making his eyes widen.

"You like him." He says rather than asked me.

"What? No. That's not what this is!"

"Yes it is you like him and you want me to be nice. Oh, baby, I'm so happy. Does he like you back?" Enter best friend Jacky. Almost as quick as me when it comes to food, Jackson turned from jealous guy friend to hyped up bestie. Sometimes he gave me whiplash. I shake my head and push him back out as his queue hit.

On stage, GOT7 finished their set and Winner came on with them from the other side. I watched as Jackson went from completely ignoring Mino to watching him like a hawk.

"Ahh, Katie I'm glad I caught you before the commotion of the finale starts. How was the last few days? You didn't even text so I'll say it was at least decent?" I jumped slightly at Park Jin Young's words, I hadn't expected anyone to sneak up on me, Let alone big boss JYP. I got over the initial shock quick and smiled up at my compassionate boss.

"I was okay, my only issue was when we arrived here, the crowd out front was big but even that attack was less than what it has been. And I kinda like these guys, they made it fun and easy." I nodded to him tucking a strand of hair behind my ear thinking about Mino. Waking up with him, in his arms, I enjoyed that the most. I felt my face relaxed at the thought of seeing him again, but as quick as the thought came another in its wake questioning if he would even want to continue seeing me. He probably has a clause still.