36. Dear Maggie, I love you.

Heath shakes his head, "You've been avoiding his name. Who is it Maggie?"

I look over his shoulder when I hear someone call my name from behind me.

"Maggie!"

I turn my head to see Jake making his way towards us. His gaze on Heath.

Jake wraps a arm around my waist, "Heath?"

Heath looks at both of us, then at me, "You never cheated huh?"

Then he turns to walk away.

He only gets a few steps before I run after him and grab his arm.

"Heath wait. It's not what you think."

Heath turns angry, "What is it then Maggie?"

"I never cheated. I started to date Jake in June."

He shakes his head, "I heard rumors at school about you two. But you always hated him I didn't think it was true. What made you change your mind?"

Max. I think. But I don't want to tell him about that in the middle of a grocery store.

I sigh, "I can't tell you here."

"Well where can you tell me?"

Then Jake is next to me again taking my hand, "Our apartment."

Heath looks at me, "Are you going to be there the whole time?" He says looking back over at Jake.

Jake runs a hand through his hair, "No. I'll go to Andrews."

Heath nods his head, "Fine."

We all go up and buy our items and then Heath follows us to our apartment.

I pull the scarf from around my neck as Jake drives.

"Call me when you're done talking okay?"

I nod my head, "Thank you Jake."

He hands tighten on the wheel, "Maggie?"

I look over at him, "Yeah?"

"I love you."

"I love you too Jake."

He nods his head, "I just don't want to you to forget that."

"I couldn't even if I tried."

We pull up in front of the apartment shortly after and Jake hops out running to open my door.

Heath climbs out of his car and waits as Jake wraps the scarf back around my neck, "I wish you would just leave this on." He says.

I laugh, "It's scratchy."

He smiles and leans down to kiss me, "I love you so much." He says leaning his forehead against mine.

"I love you too."

He pecks my lips one more time and then lets me go.

I walk over to heath, "Come on."

I hear Jakes car pull out of the parking spot as we enter the building.

As soon as we get into the apartment I pull of all the clothes Jake had wrapped me in.

Heath pulls off his coat, "Cute."

I turn to look at him, "What?"

He looks around, "The apartment."

I nod my head and pull off my coat, "Thanks."

Heath goes to put his coat over the back of the chair but looks up and freezes.