Part 6

Everyone was stuffed to the brim with chocolate cake.

"Hey, can I go next?" Yrene asked.

Aelin, remembering that they were playing a game sat up and smiled, "sure!"

Yrene sat up, Chaol behind her and said, "I choose truth,"

"What made you fall in love with Chaol?" Dorian asked, really meaning to ask: why did you take my best friend away from me???

"I think the main reason was because he was from Adarlan," she answered, sending a wink towards the King of Adarlan.

"What else, my darling wife?" Chaol asked softly, taking pleasure in making her talk about their love.

"Well, my darling husband," she returned, "I think that's about it? I mean, I can't think about anything else. Like how caring and gentle you are, or, how handsome you are, or, how hard you train and love your land, or even how much you care for your best friends. Nope, nine of that, I can't seem to think of anything," she finished with a smile.

Chaol just pulled her back into her lap and whispered into her ear, "I love you," she lay back further and whispered, tickling his ear, "I love you too," he just closed the space between them and they shared a long loving kiss.

"They're so cute!" Lysandra whispered to Aedion. He gave her a sweet peck on the cheek and smiled.

Once they finally finished, realising the crowd with all eyes on them, they both smiled and kissed once more.

"Oh, I'm going to be sick!" Manon said in a dramatic way. She still smiled though, appreciating their love and enjoying the company of her friends.

Everyone giggled and Yrene pulled away and 'booped' Chaol's nose.

"Well, if I'm not wrong there is still one more person to go," Dorian stood, waving his arm towards Aelin.