nine - game over

one year later

Jin ran his hands along the white wall and looked at his fingers and laughed as they appeared to be covered in bright paints. He watched in amazement as colors filled the room. "Isn't this amazing, Hoseok?"

They transferred Jin out of the institution months ago; in fact it was a week after he was brought in. after it was revealed that Hoseok was in the house that night, they deemed it unsafe for Jin to be staying there. He was relocated and has been talking to the wall as if it was Hoseok ever since. sometimes he even calls out to his old friends.

five boys were physically dead and two boys were mentally dead.

if he could, Jin would hop into a time machine and change fate without any second thought. he would go back to when that awful game appeared in his closet and shove it in the trash can and never look back. he would tell his friends how much they mean to him and protect them until the end of time. I honestly don't think he would ever let go of them.

and if he could only manage to go back as far as the beginning of the game, he would tell Jungkook just how real the game is. he would tell Jimin that life is beautiful and that he has to stay strong. he would tell Taehyung that he respects his strong will, but he can't rebel, not in the Midnight Game. He would grab Yoongi and shake him and shake him to make sure he doesn't pass out. He would stand in that terrible corner that was provoking Namjoon and push him away. He would easily risk himself to save Namjoon. And he would have followed Hoseok and ran, ran as far away as possible.

if he could.

but this story isn't one where time travel is possible. Jin couldn't just close his eyes and wake up with the ability to redo Halloween night. He couldn't snap his fingers and go back to his dressing room. He couldn't live a peaceful second knowing that his friends died because of him. He wasn't able to save his friends.

that's another story.

•••
Guys! thank you so much for reading this, wow! I cant believe the positive feedback i've received from writing this. i started this a while back and i cant believe i used titles like jhope and suga *sigh*, i'll have to go back and edit that. but i'm so happy i finally got the inspiration to finish this short story! i know some of you may have expected it to be longer but i had intended to make it nine chapters from the start, having a beginning, a chapter for each boy, and an end.

once again, thanks for reading and i hope you enjoyed the ending! let me know if i should do some sort of part two to this!