Swollen Ankles

So, chapter 7 finally included a full flashback of what happened to her. What did you think?

Chapter 8

"Hold him still!" Clarke ordered as she used a heated knife to cut away the infected flesh in Jasper's chest.

"Stop it! You're killing him!" Octavia yelled as she came to the table.

"She's trying to save his life," Finn quickly explained.

"She can't," Bellamy suddenly told us.

Real optimistic, Bellamy.

"Back off," Wells said, intimidating Bellamy slightly.

"We didn't drag him through miles of woods to give up," Clarke said.

"Kids a goner. If you can't see that you're deluded. He's making people crazy," Bellamy stated.

"Sorry if Jasper's an inconvenience for you, but this isn't the Ark. Down here, every life matters".

"Take a look at him," Bellamy paused. "He's a lost cause".

Octavia had begun to look extremely worried, causing Clarke to comfort her with a confidence boost.

"Octavia, I spent my whole life watching my mother heal people. If I say there's hope, there's hope".

"This isn't about hope, it's about guts. You don't have the guts to make the hard choices, I do. He's been like this for three days. If he's not better by tomorrow, I'll kill him myself," Bellamy said, once again proving he was a huge ass. "Octavia, let's go".

"I'm staying here," she informed him.

"Power-hungry, self-serving jackass. He doesn't care about anyone but himself. No offense," Monty said, giving Octavia a 'sorry' look.

Go, Monty!

"Yeah. Bellamy is all that. But he also happens to be right," Finn said as he looked upon Jasper's body.

Bellamy's right? First time I've heard that.

~

Some time later, everyone was gone. Clarke, Finn and Wells had decided to go find some sort of medicine to help Jasper. Bellamy had taken a whole group out hunting in the woods. And I was stuck in the dropship with Monty, Octavia and Jasper.

"How's your ankles?" Monty asked.

"Still swollen," I answered simply.

I had stayed behind because my ankles were so swollen that I could barely walk. Lucky me.

"God, I hate being pregnant".

"Then why'd you let it happen?" Octavia suddenly asked, talking to me for the very first time. "I mean, there's protection for a reason".

I felt like I should've yelled at her for this comment. Maybe even given her a couple of bruises. But hell, at this point, my ankles hurt so much that I could care less what anyone thought or said about me.

"Guess I was stupid and naive," I paused. "I don't really know why I let it happen, it just happened".

"So, that's why they locked you up? Just because you got pregnant?"

I nodded. "Dear 'mommy', did it herself".

"I'm sorry".

"It doesn't matter now. That's all in the past".

"Well, at least you get a baby in the end," Monty said. "I mean, you've got to be looking forward to that, right?"

"Actually... no. I'm not at all".