Saving Grace

Okay, so it's officially been two days since I last posted and I apologise for not being regular with my updates and posting them daily, but unfortunately life has got a bit busy and I haven't had the opportunity to write, but I hope this makes up for it.

Also, this book is coming to an end and book 2 will be created soon for season 2 (possibly 3, I haven't quite decided yet). More info will be posted soon regarding the name of it, and further exciting things I can't wait for you to see.

But for now, please enjoy this chapter :)

P.S. every single person whose been leaving me comments, thank you. I have never laughed/smiled so hard it honestly makes my day!

Chapter 35

My mother always told me, no man is worth crying over. I always wondered if she was right, but now I know the truth. Kai isn't worth crying over. He may be my 'brother', but no tear should be wasted on him. As soon as I realised that, I got my shit together. I washed, got dressed, and now, I've got my daughter attached to my tit as we head through the woods to our new adventure. Things couldn't be better... well, the whole breastfeeding thing is a bit much. I never pictured myself being milked like a cow, but then again, I never pictured myself being a teen mom, either. Guess you really don't get to choose your fate.

Don't get me wrong, I'm happy my child is being fed. It's important for both of us. However, as much as I love her, I cannot wait until she can eat food like the rest of us because my tits are already sore and exhausted.

Just do it for, LB.

In case you're wondering, LB is a nickname we gave our little girl because of the fact that we still are stuck when it comes to choosing her name. We've tried everything, using names suggested, both names we kind of liked and names I hated, but nothing has worked. I still don't know my child's name. I thought once I saw her, I'd know, but nothing has come to mind. So for now, as much as I hate referring to her as 'Little Blake', I'd rather call her something than nothing at all.

"How about Atlas?" Bellamy asks, looking over at the list of names for LB.

"Was that a serious suggestion, or are you just making fun of me?"

At this rate, I cannot tell. It's like I told people I wanted all these strange and unusual names when I was high or something and then I forgot all about it. Rocket, Star, and now Atlas? Am I missing something, or is everyone trying to make a mockery out of me?

"So I take it, that's a no," Bellamy says before crossing another name off of the list.

"I just haven't heard it yet," I tell him, looking down at my daughter. "I'll know it when I hear it."

"Okay, well the next one is... Cody."

Cody? Cody's cute, I guess.

"Cody?" I repeat, trying to determine whether this is her name or not. "Do you think she's a Cody?"

"Hmm... Cody Blake?" He thinks over.

"Cody Brady-Blake," I correct him.

"Hmm... I'm not sure that sounds right," he says and I agree.

"God, this name thing is so hard. I mean, how is a person supposed to name another?" Turning to Bellamy, "how did you do it? How did you know Octavia's name? Did she look like one?"

"Well, I don't believe you can find a person and know that name is them. I think you let the name become them. Over time, the person turns into that name."

That makes sense.

"So, why don't I like any name so far?" I question, figuring he has all the answers.