Chapter 57

Niall's P.O.V

We had been traveling about a week and the fans were all being so supportive of the baby. Everyone seemed to be excited for us to have a baby. Some of the fans that spotted us in public even wanted to touch her stomach. Her stomach had become some sort of hand magnet. I seemed to be the only person who found it odd. She had also become a human vacuum and ate almost incessantly. We were sitting in our hotel room in Paris after a show and she was laying in bed eating some candied popcorn. I was sitting next to her flipping through the channels on the television. She had the bag of popcorn sitting on her stomach.

"It really isn't weird to you that everyone grabs you and talks to your stomach?" She shook her head and smiled at me.

"You're the only one who thinks it's weird."

"I don't think it's weird." She laughed and tossed a few pieces of popcorn in her mouth.

"You're the only one who hasn't touched or talked to my stomach. I'm your wife and it's your kid in there. It would be the least weird if you touched my stomach." I didn't say anything because she was right. It still seemed a little awkward to do that. She smiled at me and set the popcorn on her nightstand. "Niall you don't have to rub my stomach or talk to the baby. It doesn't bother me or the baby. If you think it's weird that's just how you feel and it's fine. I know you and I know you think I care and I know you feel guilty. I don't care and you shouldn't feel guilty."

"I hate that you know me so well."

"I hate that you know me so well too sometimes."

"It might seem less weird touching your stomach now that there is a visible bump. I want to talk to her I just don't know what to say."

"You don't have to make a big speech. Just say hey I'm your dad." I wanted to take the piss a little so I just looked at her stomach and gave a quick wave.

"Hey I'm your dad." She laughed a little and rubbed her stomach.

"She definitely can't see you wave and you're pretty far away. She probably didn't hear you. She is small and inside my stomach. You did a good job though."

"I was kidding. I do want to try. I just feel awkward."

"If you decide you want to try again come closer." She lifted her shirt and started rubbing the bump. She smiled at her stomach and looked at me. "She's moving around."

"Can you feel it?"

"On the inside. I haven't been able to feel it on the outside yet. I like knowing where she is in there. I mean she can't go far. I just like knowing she's there." I  liked knowing she was there too. I couldn't wait to be a dad. Lucy looked over at me probably because I was just staring at her stomach. "You're psyching yourself out and making it weird for yourself Niall. Do you know how many times you've had your hand on my stomach before I got pregnant? A lot. You're overthinking. Do you want me to put your hand on my stomach or do you want to try another time?"

"No I'll do it." I hovered my hand over her stomach for a second and she laughed and pushed my hand down against her stomach.

"Not so bad is it?" I shook my head because I had over thought this. It was the same as touching her any other time. I rubbed my hand across the rounded part of her stomach.

"I guess it's not as weird as I thought it would be." She shook her head and softly smiled. She put her hand on her stomach as well.

"She's over on this side." She grabbed my hand and moved it to where the baby was. Rubbing her stomach didn't seem as weird as talking to her stomach. "Talk if you want."