Awkward

Chapter

So I'm sitting here in front of my older sister, Nara and her boyfriend, making "small talk".

Being a third wheel is never fun so my conversation was limited. I took the smallest sip from my sister wine. She glared at me and then smiles.

It's only an act, she doesnt even like wine.

I squinted at the clock that was just so happened to be behind, the boyfriend, who said through the awkward small talk ....his name was Park Jimin's, head.

"Nayeon, looks don't kill, so quit staring at my Jiminie like that" Nara says as she ' bopped the man's nose...

I realized that I was glaring in his direction a bit to intently.

I sat up straighter and let out a chuckle "I- I wasn't staring I was looking at the clock behind... "

My words were cut off with a buzzing sound from my phone

A text message.

DaeSeok <3 :
Hey Nayeon baby
I'll be there in about
15 minutes < 3

read ○

I sigh... not feeling the need to respond.

"Uh he said hell be here in about 15 minutes... I guess he got held up at work... again" I mutter the last part.  

"Oh it's okay Should we order an appetizer while we wai-" Nara speaks but then was cut off by her notification on her phone.

She tries to ignore it but when I glance at Jimin he kind of looks... less cheeky than before. One would say almost pissed, but I don't know the man, so who am I to tell?

Her phone starts to ring and as I glanced at the caller ID she flips it over before I can read it and it silences.

"Aren't you going to get tha-" I asked as the bread sticks arrive and she takes a bite instantly taking a bite.

She never eats bread.

"Oh no no it's just a spam caller" Nara brushes it off.

"Oh" is all I can mutter. This has been the most awkward moment in my life no including the time in high school I ripped my pants during a dance performance for a talent show.

I received another text and it was from DaeSeok

DaeSeok-ah:
Sorry Nayeon, rain check?

read○

The boss made me
finish this assignment
read○

"I guess we should just order our food now" I say trying my best not to frown.

"Is he not able to come anymore?" Jimin asks and I shake my head not being able to look him in the face.

Nara didnt say anything as her phone began to ring for the fourth time.

"Nara just answer your phone!" I push and she instantly picks it up and heads to the bathroom area.

"Its my boss" she said she has an emergency with the paperwork I have to go help her" and with that she kisses Jimin and bids her goodbyes.

"I'm sorry... does she- "

"Yeah she does that a lot. But its "work" you know how these things work..."

I didnt have an appetite and I just wanted to de-stress and leave.

The waiter comes by and asks if we were still waiting for more people.

"Just a few more minutes please" Jimin politely ask and the waiter looks at us a bit weird and walks off.

"Nayeon-ssi" my name rolled off his tongue. "If you want to stay and eat I can pay"

I shook my head "I'm really not hungry anymore. I've lost my appetite honestly. Do you want to eat here?" I asked.

He shook his head and called for the waiter again who look pretty annoyed at this point"The check please." Jimin paid for the wine he and my sister ordered before I got there and we head out to the parking lot.

I glanced over at Jimin who was typing away at his phone. "Hey I can give you a ride, I don't mind"

"Okay" Jimin doesn't hesitate and gets in the passenger seat of my car.

--------

AN:
Awkward dinner and now a car ride.
I hope.you guys like this story so far. I have a good feeling about this story line.