#Chapter 13: Please spirits spare me my life!

#Chapter 13(Blake’s Pov)

I smirked in victory as Jennifer went back to her seat. As much as I hate leaving her alone without my protection, I know that this matter had to be solved sooner or later. I walked out of the house with a heavy heart.

 Apparently I heard from one of the guys that Jacob had decided to meet or more likely planned to attack today out of so many days. And here I thought he would at least have a heart to spare us some time to rest even one day.

 I let out a sigh as I wait impatiently for the cars. I looked around and found most of the guys anxiously fidgeting. Some of them are too young to be involved but then their stubbornness get the better of them and so they refused to back down. No matter what, I’m still proud of my guys!

“Peep peep”

Finally the three black range rovers arrived. Josh quickly went out the car and went into the passenger seat at the back. I went into the car, replacing Josh. I made sure everyone is prepared with weapons.

When everyone had gotten in and set to go, I pressed the horn twice, signalling the rest to get ready. Immediately after that, I accelerate out of the gate to the main road.Being the leader, I led them, followed by Austin and finally at the back Jeremy.

Tyler sat next to me on the passenger seat, fisting his hands one moment and relaxing it another moment. Without doubt, feeling restless and outraged. His eyes were intently focused onto the road.

 The atmosphere in the car seemed to be awkwardly quiet so being the good leader I am, I switch on the radio.

I drummed my fingers listening to the beginning instrumental of the song. The songseemed somewhat familiar. I wonder when did I hear this song before?

 After a while, the singer started singing, Taylor Swift. The song was likely to be girlish and so I thought that I should change to another station but then decided not to since Tyler seemed to be slowly relaxing hearing the song.

You and I walk a fragile line
I have known it all this time
But I never thought I'd live to see it break

It's getting dark, and it's all too quiet
And I can't trust anything now
And it's coming over you like it's all a big mistake

I saw Tyler flinched slightly when the lyrics were sung. But thinking probably due to the cold air from the air-conditioner, I decided to ignore. However, only during the later part then I realized the reason behind his flinch.

I know, I know...
I just know!...
You're not gone
You can't be gone, no!

Come on, come on, don't leave me like this
I thought I had you figured out

Something’s gone terribly wrong
won’t finish what you started

Come on, come on, don't leave me like this
I thought I had you figured out
Can't breathe whenever you're gone
Can't go back, I'm haunted

The meaning of the lyrics seemed to have triggered something in his mind.  And that comesthe only problem that we had to do everything just to help him forget about, Patricia. She is the main reason why the Tyler I knew two years ago, change to a complete shut off in person. She is the cause of how Tyler acts towards girls, the reason why he had been and had never stopped blaming himself for what happened to her. 

She also affect our gang as a whole including me. I trusted her with my heart. I loved her but yet she decided to go and stabbed me in the back. Not only me but her family, her friends and gang just for that shit, Jacob.