Just a Little

My eyes slowly adjusted to the light as I struggle to keep them open.

As I attempted to lift my hands up to rub my eyes awake, I realized one of them was still being held by the sleeping beauty whose body rested on my side. In that case, I lay my hand back on his lap and tighten my grip on his hand.

We actually fell asleep. I thought to myself, looking out at the rising sun.

I take my phone out from the pocket of my jeans to check the time.

Twelve messages from Touya

Four missed calls from Touya

What could he want? Is he worried? Doubt it, he's not one to care about me "missing curfew".

I open my phone to see what all the fuss is about.
My eyes widen at the texts and I feel my skip a beat.

"Shit!" I curse aloud.

A grunt comes from the blond whose head still rests on my shoulder.

"Todoroki...?" He mutters.

"B-Bakugou!" I shout unconsciously out of worry. "S-sorry, I gotta go—"

"Hold on," he lifts his head off my shoulder. He goes from holding my hand to gripping my wrist so I don't run away.

"Bakugou, you don't understand I really have to lea-"

Without another word the blond leans in closely, kissing my lips and shutting me up.

I sit there shocked, unable to function, eyes wide in surprise as he pulls apart.

A smile spread across his lips, he looks into my eyes and says his goodbye. "Alright, now you can leave."

I blink once, in a failed attempt to knock myself into reality.

"I- uh... y-yeah. See you tomorrow... uh- g-goodbye..." Shifting eye contact to the ground, I slowly get up and walk away. My face as red as a flame. I hear him snicker a laugh from behind me as I make my escape.

Running as fast I could, I clench my chest with my hand as I speed down the road.

What's going on? Why is this all happening today!? Why!?

My body trembling with fear as I open the front door to my house. Standing in the living room was Touya and my father.

"He's just out with a friend, it's not a big deal. You need to calm down, he'll be home any minute."

"That damn son of a bitch! He knew I was coming home last night! It's the next day and he's still no where in fucking sight!"

"D-dad..." I stutter walking into the house. My body shaking at the sight of them arguing. "S-sorry I'm late for your arrival! W-welcome back."

"Touya," he says while staring into my soul, "go upstairs. Shouto, close the door behind you."

I do as he says, but Touya's a little more stubborn then that.

"Why?" He questions. "And leave you alone with him? No way."

"Do as I say." He commands.

"Fine, but I swear to God if you hurt him." He turns around before finishing his threat.

Once gone, my father stands in dead silence. I assumed he was waiting for me to say something, but he spoke before I could.

"Where were you?" He asks firmly.

"With a friend," I respond.

"Who?"

"O-one I haven't seen in awhile. T-they just returned from America."