Chapter'3

*Earlen's POV*

My heart still raced after the kiss. How lovely that is, to fall in love as quickly as possible. So many new emotions flooded and crashed over me. I wanted to do it twenty more times, but instead, I "looked" at the stars. I didn't focus on them though, because I had more important things to deal with. I knew that Ivar was looking at me, I wanted to stare into his beautiful eyes as well, but instead placed my head on his shoulders and sighed. We didn't speak, we just heard the beatings of each other's heart, but a loud shriek pierced the calmness of the night. Ivar jolted to attention and we both looked back. Smoke was puring out of the Hall and people were screaming inside. 

"Help me up!" Ivar said. I took his arm and pulled him up. We both raced (as quickly as possible) to the largest house in the area. When we finally reached it, we noticed a banging on the closed doors. 

"HELP US!!" Yelled a woman.

"They're locked" Grunted Ivar. "Help me open them." So we both took hold of the large piece of wood holding the doors together and pulled it off. Once we tossed it aside, the doors flew open and people rushed out of the burning building. Ivar rushed inside and joined a fight that was going on between my father's men and the vikings. I took a sword from beside a dead man and ran towards the battle, but before I could ask my father what in the hell is going on, a sharp pain pierced my back, a man grunted as he thrust his dagger into me. A cold wave of chills ran through my body as I realized what had happened. A loud yell filled and echoed the walls, louder than all of the noise in the room. As I fell to the floor, I located Ivar the second before he turned around and searched for the shriek. When his gaze fell on me, his blue eyes turned black and then the Ivar from the stories emerged. The wolf bared it's teeth and ran to attack it's prey. He ran so fast, that it seemed like his cry of war reached us after he already had. The man that stabbed me already knew what was coming, so he fell to his knees. Ivar pricked the mans neck with his sword and thrust his knife into his stomach and cut it open. He pulled the knife out and rubbed the blood on his face. Then someone else tried to attack Ivar, but he threw the dagger to her. When everyone knew not to attack him, Ivar knealed next to me.

"Earlen, are you ok?" He whispered. His eyes turned back to the beautiful shade of blue, how beautiful. Then, I closed my eyes for a while. And as I did, the cries of Ivar the Boneless accompanied me.