Chapter'7

*Earlen's POV*

The day had finally arrived for us to leave Kattegat. Ivar's home. I had told him many times that he doesn't have to come with me, but he insisted that he does. Many vikings have insulted Ivar for leaving with me, and sometimes it weighs on me.

It's your fault that they hate him. Say the voices in my dreams. I just shrug it off, though, because he told me it's not true. "The gods have blessed us, we shall always be together." He had said.

"Earlen. Come and help me put this food in the boat, will you?" I heard Ivar call out from the docks, snapping me away from my thoughts. "Please?" he added.

"Coming!" I said as I walked away from the animal shed that I was looking at. Ivar had now grown fairly used to his new legs, and now he was carrying things that are twice his weight, because since he was a boy he had always had to drag himself everywhere, so his arms were naturally strong. I grabbed the large bucket of food that some of the vikings had given to us as a sign of love and acceptance and carefully stepped into the wooden boat. The thing wabbled too much, but it would all be fine, just as long as I have Ivar with me.

"Thank you, Len." he said. He had started using that nickname for me, even though I still call him Ivar. He kissed me in the cheek and then went to get some more things. 

....................................................................................................................................................................................

"To Ivar and Earlen! Who would rather leave than abandon love!!" toasted a viking. Lagertha, the Queen of Kattegat, had decised to throw us a farewell party, and everyone came. We got gifts and food, an occasional toast and a lot of ale. Soon enough, though, we were already boarding our boat and waving to everyone goodbye. I still can't shake off that someone sacrificed a goat for us, but it doesn't matter to me anymore. Lagertha had organized a small man to be our "protecter and helper" forthe journey. He had a very odd name, though, something I've never heard before. Something like Gob or Pob. Supposedly he is from Switzter, but became a viking at a young age, but I do not see the resemblance to any man from my country.

"Y'all ready?" he said in a... different accent. He is a very odd man. Ivar nodded to him and we set sail. I hugged Ivar. 

"This will be great," he said to me. "I can't wait." I kissed him because he seemed genuinly excited. This will be great.