Chapter '15

*Earlen's POV*
My head ached as I drifted into a deep sleep. I could hear Ivar mumbling indistinguishably to himself, while his hands softly stroked my head. As I fell further down the black hole of my sleep, a picture formed in front of me. It was really strange, it didn't make any sense to me at all. It was a bush of some kind, it was burning vigorously. Water began to pour onto it, clearly trying to put it out, but the fire only raged harder. I tried to figure out what it meant, but before I managed to understand, it began to transform into another picture, as if ink was being rearranged. This time, it was of Ysabelle, she was staring into a pond, moonlight shining on her face and a dark forest stood still behind her. She smiled eerily as a face began to form in the water.
"It seems he has found someone else," she chuckled. "It's about time I get my revenge." The face in the pond began to look clearer, and soon enough, Ivar's face appeared in the mirror like water. "Oh! What a pity." She gasped. "Early's new lover is quite attractive."
I wanted to lunge at her, tell her to stay away from me and from my new life, but it seamed I was stuck in a lifeless body, just watching everything go on, without the ability to do anything. Frustration hit me like a tidal wave. I just wanted to wake up. I could feel my consciousness begin to awaken, but my body was still asleep, lost in this smoky world of hidden truths and visions.
"Wake up." I pleaded to myself, and Ysabelle heard me. She looked into the woods and was about to speak, but then she realised what was going on. A cold and evil look took over her face. "Hello Earlen." She said. "Long time no see."
I inhaled sharply.
"Whatever you're doing, Ysabelle, make it come to an end. This is too far, even for you." I pleaded. "What we had is long gone, can you leave it in the past?"
She let out a mocking laugh.
"You think we had something?" She spat. "Our 'relationship' was nothing to me. I only put up with you because I had to. My family, you see, is very poor, and we needed something... or someone to help us revive and bring honor back to our family's name. So, I met you. You were so desperate for love and attention that you fell so quickly into my grasp. It all would have gone according to plan, if only your bitch of a father hadn't said anything."
I wanted to yell at her, or do something to make her regret saying those last words, but it wouldn't have helped me.
"Please put an end to this madness, then." I just wanted everything to stop.
"I'll lift the curse once you hand your authority as the prince of Switzer over to me" Her words echoed into the night, as if it were the ripples in the water.
"You already know my answer to that" I said.
"Then you leave me no choice, sweetie" She ended, snapping her fingers. The picture that once stood solid in front of me, began to fade away like ink in water, and I began to fall. There was nothing under me, just blackness, so I continued to fall for what seemed like hours. I tried to scream, but no sound was made. My heart was beating harder then it ever has before. I felt myself approaching the ground, I couldn't explain how, but I just knew it was near.
/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
I woke up. My clothes were soaked in sweat and my body ached as if I had fallen from a cliff. My throat burned as if I had been screaming for hours on end.
I sat up. Ivar was laying beside me, sleeping soundly. His bare chest rose and fell slowly and steadily. I took off my drenched clothes and threw them on the floor. I'll pick them up tomorrow, I told myself. I quietly laid back down and placed my head on Ivar's shoulder, watching him breath and hearing his heart beat. It helped me calm down. I was scared to fall asleep again, because I didn't know if I would see Ysabelle again, but all I knew is that I was safe here, with Ivar. He would never let anything bad happen to me. And I was thankful. Slowly, I drifted away, no dreams this time, just a peaceful sleep.