Chapter'5

*Earlen's POV*

I suddenly awoke in a bed inside of a small tent. "IVAR?" I screamed as I jolted up. Seconds later, Father entered the tent, worried. 

"Who?" He asked. Heading closer to my bed. I frowned. 

"Ivar Lothbrok." I said monotonely, still frowning.

"The cripple?" He asked. I raised an eyebrow judgingly. "The one who stabbed you? He has already been taken care of." He sat on the side of the bed, smiling. I glared at him, and it must have been a powerful one, because he seemed frightened. 

"You did what?" I boomed. I threw the blankets off of me and ran out of the tent. "Ivar!!" I called out. "Ivar, where are you?" 

"Why do you care about the cripple so much?" Father asked me, slowly catching up.

"You wouldn't understand." I grunted as I kept searching for Ivar. He can't be dead. He convinced me to live. He said "Let's". 

"Oh?" He said. "You don't think I've noticed you little interactions with him?" I swiftly turned to face him. 

"What?" I said.

"If you are going to commit atrocities like that, at least don't do it with a heathen." He whispered, as if God was listening, or a Viking. Either one.

"You dare call that an atrocity?" I said slowly, but fiercly. "It's more real than anything you'll ever have." He chucked.

"You've only known him for two days!" He yelled, but I didn't care, because Ivar's voice calling out for me faintly reached my ears. I straightened up like a dog that heard a squirrel.

"Ivar, I'm here!" I ran towards the small gate that surrounded the tent, but when I reached it, two vikings didn't let me pass.

"What do you think you're doing prisoner?" Laughed one of them. Prisoner?

"What are you talking about?" I frowned. They both just laughed, so I punched one in the throat and elbowed one in the balls. I rolled my eyes,"Honestly." I whispered to myself. Four guards were about to pounce on me, but a familiar voice said "No. He isn't dangerous to us.". A few guards glanced back and forth to the two vikings in pain.

"Ivar!" I gasped. I quickly sprinted towards him, he was wearing some leather straps around his wound. He limped as quickly as possible to me. When I reached him I hugged him so hard I thought his bones cracked, but he did the same. I heard a small sniff from him and felt a few tears on my neck, but I wasn't going to tell him that. After the embrace his lips joined mine. I thought I was never going to see him again. A small gasp came from the group that had come to see what the entire commotion was about. Not because we are both men, but because we are enemy peoples since last night.