Chapter 6: Spaghetti with One Meatballs

I woke up to my phone buzzing. It was Miles texting me.

M: good morning

M: what are you doing to night?

T: I have nothing planned yet, why?

M: come over here at 6. And dress nice.

T: what ever happened to telling your parents?

M: thats what I want to talk about...

T: okay, I'll be there.

I got out of bed and went down stairs. Owen was making breakfast. He barely knew how to cook, I think he was attempting to make eggs.

"What are you doing?"

"I am making breakfast."

"Do you even know how?"

He Gasped sarcastically "oh little brother! I take offense from that!"

I look over his shoulder, he was actually doing it right.

"When you learn to cook?"

"I would like to have you know that I paid attention in home and careers! Hey, a few guys that are Seniors now that were on my team last are going out to the club, wanna come with?"

"Let's see here, hang out with a bunch of jocks, or go on a data with Miles?" I said with moving my hands up and down to show that Miles wins.

"You two are sweet together."

"Thanks" I said blushing

"But, I don't think you realize this, but you never really had a boyfriend before or even a girlfriend, that's not a teacher, do you know what your doing?"

"Not at all."

"Well I guess he never had a boyfriend before either?" I shook my head "well all good things must start from somewhere" he finished making the eggs and put them on the plate "maybe he's your somewhere."

After that we sat at the kitchen eating our breakfast, and out of no where my phone rang. I looked at the caller id and it was Maya, out of all people. I sent her to voice mail.

"Tristan I know your there. We need to talk." I heard her say

"You still not talking to her?" Owen said being nosey

"No, she stabbed in the back."

"Oh come on! You two were best friends!"

"Key word in that sentence, were" I said to him.

"Well you two should at least talk, like you are kinda dating her ex."

I got up from the table, ignoring him, and went upstairs to start on some homework they assigned us over break.

---------------(it's now 4:30 p.m.)---------------

I finished my work by 4:30 which was nice so I have enough time to shower and all that such. After I got out of the shower, I dried my hair and was going through my closet looking for something to wear. I picked out a purple button up and black dress pants.

"OWEN!" I yelled to him from upstairs to downstairs.

"WHAT?!"

"I NEED YOUR OPINION!"

"WHY ME?"

"BECAUSE YOUR THE ONLY PERSON NEAR BY!"

I could hear a distant 'fine' and just seconds later I saw him walk in.

"Does this good?"

"You look like a doll." He say with a straight face "can I go now there's a football ga-" no way in hell am I letting him leave so I cut him off and I said with a voice that I knew he knew that I meant business.