Chpt. 38 the kiss maybe

"Jughead"

I didn't fall back asleep that night I couldn't get over my feelings for the girl next door.

Then she woke up.

"Ugh" she stretched out "morning" I said trying to be chill and trying not to show my emotions.

"Morning Jug I'm surprised your up this early" she was shocked "ya I just couldn't really sleep" "oh I get it" she said "omg does she know I like her" I thought "your so sad your dad pasted away" "umm ya-ya ya" "that was a close one."

We when down stairs I saw Alice making pancakes and jellybean looking lifeless "hey Jughead how are you feeling" Alice asked me "ok I guess but better than yesterday" I said sitting down by JB "how are you doing?" I asked JB "ok too just so sad" "it's ok we're going to be ok" I told her "Jug" she whispered "ya" "were are we going to live because your not 18 so you can't be legal guardian" I looked up at Betty and mouthed "what are we supposed to do" then Alice stepped in "I can be your legal guardian" "really" JB head shot up in excitement "ya sure" she said I will call and get checked in now" she exclaimed "ok" I said.

JB was so excited, jumming up and down and hugging Alice. I looked at Betty and I could tell she was excited.

Me and Betty when back up to her room to talk about what just happened.

"Hey so I just wanted to say thank you for everything" "no problem" she said "hey I saw you still have the stuff animal I gave you when we were kids" "ya I love it" "it has to many good memories" that made my heart tingle "I still have everything the card the box" she laughed "Betty cooper, the perfect gilr next door, my crush loved the present I got her I'm amazed.

"But-" she started But I stopped her by tickling her "hey Juggie- stop" "stop" she cried laughing "Jug if you don't stop I'm going to p-pee again like in grade 5" "stop" then I stopped.

My body was on top of hers I thought this was the moment o should kiss her I started to lean in and she did the same.

But then Alice knocked on the door "Betty, Jughead come down stairs we all need to talk" "ok" we both said.

I climbed off of Betty and she jumped off the bed as well, "race you down the stairs" Betty called out already out the door "oh your on Cooper" I yelled back.

"Only if I got to kiss her" I thought.

...

———————————————————

Don't worry there going to kiss soon just not now!!!